xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
manish-mohania

Control Panel / Forum Usage Help Control Panel / Forum Usage Help

Hi all,I need some help.1) I was looking at menu options in my control panel. I found this Ad Revenue Sharing option.Menu- Ad Revenu Sharing - Your advertising settingsDoes somebody has an idea what it is ?2) Also, I could not find a "new topic" button right away. To start a new thread; first I have to open an existing post and then click "new topic" button to start a new topic/thread. Is there a direct link/button to do it ?Thank you.** Edit **This topic is been posted in Introduction forum, accidently. Please, move it to question/queries forum.** End Edit **

Edited by manish-mohania (see edit history)

1) Its ad revenue sharing program through Kontera ad publishers. To get this system working you need to get an account at kontera.com and add the publisher ID you get from kontera into the profile of your Xisto account (look in the My Controls are). Text link ads are shown to visitors of the forum and members below 100 posts. Since you registered in ad network, your (account) ads will also be shown and earn for members clicking on them.I recently read in on e of the threads that, the Kontera website pays you once you get 100$. Another condition is that, you need to get that 100 $ in past six months to checkout. If not, previous earnings before six months are forfeited. You can go ahead with this program if you can earn more than 100$ within six months, may be through your other websites (since its very unlikely you would achieve $100 target through here).2) I think you need to open the appropriate forum (not thread, even though you can as you tell) to post a new thread, thats how I have been doing till now.

@FouGilang

Yes, I meant the same thing as on link provided by you. Thank you for that quick link.

For the "new topic" link/button, I was thinking if I could get a direct link when I access forums/forums.html(Open Discussion). Anyways, I can do it by opening the appropriate forum as has been mentioned by BCD.

@BCD

I visited Kontera Publisher Knowledgebase;

http://amobee.com/

They do mention that:

If your account balance is less than US$100 at the end of the month, earnings (for all your sites combined) are rolled forward to the following month, until the payment threshold is reached.

But they didn't mention anything about the forfeitment of payment if $100 in 6 months condition is not met. It would be great if they lift that $100 in 6 months condition.

However, I think I would create an account in Knotera. I guess there is no loss doing it. Let's see If I earn some money :) .

And yes, thanks for the "new topic" button suggestion. Earlier in a hurry, I accidently posted this topic in Introductions forum. I hope somebody (may be only moderators) with right permissions would correct that.

Is there a way to move a topic from one forum to another ?

Don't expect much from kontera. If you unable to earn money 100$ within 6 months then your money is discarded. Anyway, you can have it enabled just in case if with large traffic we get 100$ mark. Who knows ?