xisto Community
linkey

How Fast Is Your Internet Connection?

I use a 802.11b wireless connection to access the internet, and besides the fact that my speed could be up to >5mbps, my ISP offers only 128kbps or 256kbps (much more expensive).Actually, you pay for megabytes in advance. Example, you pay 130din (a little bit more than 2$) for 100MB that you may use to download stuff from the Internet, but if you want a 256k connection, you must buy 1GB to get it. It's very expensive for us "average" people here. Still, I live in Serbia & Montenegro, so...

just jealous with u all.here i am at home use dialup 56k as Metal Gear Brett.some times connect at 49, 45 40 even 33 k.in the office just 64k.., share with about 40 usersso terribly :D

2mb download speedeither 256k or 512k upload speed. i kinda forgot which :Dit's DSL. unfortunantly, it has a habit of "hiccuping", as i like to call it. when i'm in a game or something, my connection will occasionaly just die for like 20 seconds or so. i dunno why it does that, but oh well :D

I'm from Romania and I have a cable connection.Thats about 256kb/s.Well the download speed on dc++ is 27kb/s so its not too much, but I can't complain.

I'm currently living on a prawn farm in Australia and we don't have broadband coverage here yet, I've got a 128k ISDN- not too bad, better than dialup and it gives me a good reason to not spend all day in front of a PC! Will hopefully get broadband sooner or later though.

mines probably the worst, well i used to have ADSL but i moved houses and my parents didnt re-apply so now im on dial up which is "supposbly" 56k but it only connects to maximum of 48k ohh well still its not too bad...

I've got 1.6Mbit/s downstream (which translates to about 165 Kbyte/s max) and 512 Kbit/s upstream. I live in Holland, and pay about 36,- euro's per month.It's very stable and I think it would be hard to live without. I've also got "fair use policy" so it's downloading max speed virtually 24/7, and I have a 3 node network (wireless) behind my router. Could people also specify the going rate for Gb's downloaded (over a certain limit)? Mine is 0,-; I'm downloading literally gigabytes every day and never had a complaint from my ISP!