xisto Community
inverse_bloom

That Text Below Our Avatar? Inconsequential ramblings

Hey i was wondering how some people on the trap have changed the text underneath their avatars?Right now mine says "Super Member" for which i want changed to "Super Duper Member". Any idea's how people are doing it? I can't find that option in my controls, is it up to the mods to make that change?

That option will be enabled once you reach 500 posts. That's done to ensure that you're a loyal member and won't leave Xisto in a hurry, so that's why you have to wait until you reach 500 posts to change your "Under-the-avatar" name! All the best I hope you reach there soon.

As H.O.D. said, you are able to change your Member Rank title after you hit 500 posts. Here is a list of all of the default rankings before and after 500 posts. You of course do not have to keep the ranks left after the 500 post mark.

0 - Newbie10 - Newbie [Level 1]
25 - Newbie [Level 2]
40 - Newbie [Level 3]
50 - Member [Level 1]
75 - Member [Level 2]
90 - Member [Level 3]
100 - Advanced Member
150 - Premium Member
200 - Super Member
500 - Privileged Member
1000 - Trap Grand Marshal Member
2000 - Trap Double Mocha Member
3000 - Trap Triple Espresso Member
4000 - EnTRAPment
5000 - Hail Caesar!

0 - Newbie10 - Newbie [Level 1]
25 - Newbie [Level 2]
40 - Newbie [Level 3]
50 - Member [Level 1]
75 - Member [Level 2]
90 - Member [Level 3]
100 - Advanced Member
150 - Premium Member
200 - Super Member
500 - Privileged Member
1000 - Trap Grand Marshal Member
2000 - Trap Double Mocha Member
3000 - Trap Triple Espresso Member
4000 - EnTRAPment
5000 - Hail Caesar!

wow that sure is an impressive list - I didnt know about all those ranks about 500. I guess there are very few members who have actually gone beyond 5000? That's why official titles have stopped there itself!

I believe originally the official titles had only gone up to the 500 post mark. This was due to the fact that the forum was relatively new and no one at the time had so many posts. As Xisto grew though, more posts were made and activity grew so naturally the people who stuck around posted a lot more and went above and beyond that original 500 mark so they made the new rankings to adjust for that. Saint_Michael has over 7,000 posts but he has a custom Title. Other than iGuest the only one close to breaking the 5,000 barrier would be jlhaslip who is over the 4,800 mark. Eventually he will hit 6,000 I imagine and we will see what happens, if it changes or if they will have to add more titles again. Maybe they'll just jump to the 10,000 mark.

I reckon reaching 500 posts will be difficult enough for me (for the sake of becoming "super duper member"). I dont want to post any bogus posts, cause that just aint quality and i dont want to form bad habits. Mmm... i'll just have to plod along, as i have been.

@Plenoptic: I can't wait to see if someone reaches the 10,000 mark! :D Most likely it will be SM coz no one else is closer. I think the only other place where people get these many posts is the warez forums where the post count goes up to 50,000 too! Out scenario here is different and ours is a legal site, so the posts are bound to come slowly! Anyway, you are in a good place too - 2300 posts is a really good number so keep it up :)@inversebloom: You're at 277 now so if you make 5 good posts daily on an average, then you can reach 500 in two months - not so shabby, eh? And I said 5 because that's the general number of posts most people make - you can go all out and make 10 (good) posts daily and get to 500 in a month! It all depends on you and your patience. All the best in reaching there Super Duper Member :(

I think I'm getting close, hmm. This post will make 400, I think. Well, that will give me lots of time to think about what I'll put there. Maybe that will have to be my Christmas present.

Sound like fun, I also just understood that you can make your custom title under the avatar if you're over 500 posts, never knew I need to reach 500 posts, but on this forum I'm quite new, I always thought you can change it, but it seems fair enough to be able to change it only on 500 posts, on Xisto forums I've changed it years ago and never knew the preferences needed :)

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

I admit it's fair that users are allowed to change their custom title only after reaching that landmark. It's a kind of a gift, a small way to say "Thank you for being part of the forums for so long!". And it's definitely worth the wait so keep posting!!!

I didn't changed that part as of yet. I have currently text that shows privileged member part. I don't think it's worth to change to something as of yet. Maybe i'll change that later. It's good that we get those text to change after some time.

Yeah, I already changed mine, however our Custom Member Title as it is called is a good feature included into Invision Power Board. :) I like it. But yeah, shame you can only change it once you reach five hundred (500) posts. A little harsh that. :(

This post is great. I was about to look for and search that how and when does my avatar text change. I wanted to have custom text as i saw some members having the text changed. Now I know when will my previlages be applied. I'm not in a hurry though as it is a long way uphill task to reach the 500 post mark.The reasons are simple enough of-course. Firstly, I cannot leave one liners and two liners, as they are considered as spams. Secondly, there is not so much time to write about 10 posts a day. Maximum of there to five are possible without being too short or being rude not to follow the rules.Also there are information regarding when you can be at a particular position. However I wish that this information may also be present as to how much you can possibly earn at a minimum if you were to reach a particular stage. there may not be such relation however at all.Also the progress bar gives the idea that you are progressing fast and you are nearing the next stage.

Edited by buxgoddess (see edit history)

i'm waitin' til 1 reach 1,000 before i even consider changing it. i have about a .69 post per day average which means after i hit 1000, it will take about 4 years to reach the 2000 mark where it would automatically change again. one can only be a trap grand marshal member for so long before wondering exactly what that means really :)now an interesting fact is that it will take me almost 30 years to get as many posts as SM. he's been busy for sure as trap hasn't been around that long....only 5 years or so which cinsistantly averges 5 posts a day. not bad....almost sick :(