xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nameless_

I Need Suggestions For My Custom Email On My Domain One that is yourusername@yourname.com

Hiya people!!!Well, the attachment of my name domain has finally worked and you can access to my site now. But however, I won't show it to you people until I work out how to use Filezilla and upload it to the proper folder...And I still need to work out out to install Drupal on it as well...But anyway, this thread is about emails. My domain name that I bought is myname.com, and I am going to have an email called something@myname.com. Obviously, I don't think I can put myname@myname.com, because that is just plain lame and it jsut sounds retarded. So I am asking you guys, the more expertised members of the forum to tell me what you think I should put there as my username in my custom email address and what people usually put.I am thinking along the lines of contact, admin, webmaster and so on. Because I used to have email addresses like nameless1010@gmail.com or something like that (OK, that's not right because I don't have numbers, but that's an example), thsi address is going to be strictly no spam and will given to only people in real life that I meet, especially teachers and older and more senior people, the chances are, I am not going to use things like hotgurl2384 or something like that and use something more formal.What should it be?(P.S. Also, I still can't find the page for Google Apps Services. It said that you have to pay for it, because there is a 30 day free trail. Is this correct? Another question: How to I change the MX entries on my cPanel to fit Google Apps? Don't worry, I'll create a new thread for that if no one replies.)

(P.S. Also, I still can't find the page for Google Apps Services. It said that you have to pay for it, because there is a 30 day free trail. Is this correct?

You've to check standard edition. Or educational/organizational free usage. Business usage is paid. Check standard edition here.

Another question: How to I change the MX entries on my cPanel to fit Google Apps? Don't worry, I'll create a new thread for that if no one replies.)

If you've purchased domain from Xisto - Support.com/billing then there is one link for setting up google apps for your domain. If you unable to find that you can do one thing. Sign up with google standard edition then they'll give you html file to upload on your server. Upload that file on your /public_html and ask it to verify.After minute it will verify and will let you use the email address with your domain without need for MX records. If MX records are needed then you've to add them in "MX configuration" page in cpanel.

So I am asking you guys, the more expertised members of the forum to tell me what you think I should put there as my username in my custom email address and what people usually put.

It depends entirely on the tone of your site, and the tone you intend to have. For example, traditionally people have simply used contact@example.com but that looks a little formal for some non-business sites, and especially if you are using the address for personal emails too. Another popular idea is using your first name, so you get something like dave@example.com, although that can go too far the other way and be a little too personal if you want to have a slightly more serious tone. One I quite like at the moment is hello@example.com - you show friendliness, you can use it for personal emails too if you want, yet you retain that slight detached element that business addresses tend to use.

(P.S. Also, I still can't find the page for Google Apps Services. It said that you have to pay for it, because there is a 30 day free trail. Is this correct? Another question: How to I change the MX entries on my cPanel to fit Google Apps? Don't worry, I'll create a new thread for that if no one replies.)

Using Google Apps is free, but you're limited to around 200 addresses. They also offer a paid service with more features, geared at major corporations - this is the 30 day free trial they're offering. Just ignore the trial.

To change your MX records in cPanel:

In the Mail section click the MX Entry icon

In the Change MX Entry form at the top, enter the following: [select your domain], Priority: 0, to: ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM then click change.

In the Change MX Entry form at the top, enter the following: [select your domain], Priority: 5, to: ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM then click change.

In the Change MX Entry form at the top, enter the following: [select your domain], Priority: 10, to: ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM then click change.

To change your MX records in cPanel:

In the Mail section click the MX Entry icon

In the Change MX Entry form at the top, enter the following: [select your domain], Priority: 0, to: ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM then click change.

In the Change MX Entry form at the top, enter the following: [select your domain], Priority: 5, to: ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM then click change.

In the Change MX Entry form at the top, enter the following: [select your domain], Priority: 10, to: ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM then click change.

Notice from rvalkass:

Quotes added.

Hmm... thanks rvalkass for giving me some suggestions. Hello@myname.com actually sounds pretty good, I think... but I'll check with some other people first before making my decision.Meanwhile, I'll follow yours and mahesh2k's intructions and see if I can dabble a bit in the MX entries bit, though a note to mahesh2k: I'm not really using Xisto Corporation's services, so I might not be able to use most of that... but anyway...Thanks for the feed back. Any new suggestions would be great.(Meanwhile, another question on Google Apps Services: I found the standard edition thing... but I also went to the google apps home page. What is the difference between a educational or an organizational email account? And a coworker and a classmate one? Thanks.)

bro u can use the google apps non profit plans they will provide a web mail just as similar as gmail with ur domain name but the only drawback is that they will provide just 50 and more than that will need u to spend some bucks thereand get the premium

bro u can use the google apps

non profit plans

they will provide a web mail just as similar as gmail with ur domain name

but the only drawback is that they will provide just 50 and more than that will need u to spend some bucks there

and get the premium

I AM using google apps... I don't think people really get the question I am asking here...

The question is: Okay, so I've got a domain that is myname.com (as in, my real name). I will be having an custom email address. Naturally, the email address will be

somethingusername@myname.com

Now, I need the somethingusername to be formal (so, not text talk or something like that), like contact@myname.com or hello@myname.com (like what rvalkass suggested and recommended).

I am looking for more suggestions. This is my question.

For the time being though, I am thinking of getting "contact@myname.com" for the email on my website and "hello@myname.com" for my own personal strictly no-spam uses, but I know that I will find checking two emails at once rather boring, but anyway... I can just use the redirecting emails feature. :)

But I'm just looking for more suggestions.

(Meanwhile, another question on Google Apps Services: I found the standard edition thing... but I also went to the google apps home page. What is the difference between a educational or an organizational email account? And a coworker and a classmate one? Thanks.)

Don't waste time with those editions if you want to use it with personal needs. Google will not let you in with those editions anyway. Difference between those editions is of services offered and number of users allowed for registration.