xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
H.O.D

Is Getting Rid Of Glasses Without Surgery Possible?

I've seen a similar thread like this in this forum but it was pretty old and I don't like stirring up quite old threads.....

Anyway, the question is the same - is it possible to get rid of glasses without using surgery? There are a lot of experts like Baba Ramdev who say that eyesight can be improved by practising Yoga regularly. But we do not see many people giving positive reviews for this. Why? Because it is very difficult to practically practise yoga for a long time. A lot of people are too lazy to go through the procedure and would rather pay for the surgery and get it done faster. But we all know that laser surgery isn't perfect yet and there are some chances of severe side-effects :P This doesn't mean that practicing yoga will definitely cure myopia and similar problems, but it definitely helps. It's just that the process is a bit slow.

Anyway, other than yoga, does anyone know some other genuine way of getting rid of glasses? If so then please share it here.

You can try this. It is said to work and you dont need to pay much or undergo any surgery. Try looking at green as much as possible. Best if you could, make sure that your window overlook a patch of greenery. Grass, trees etc. And with you could, make sure that greenery is the first thing you see when you wake up in the morning.

You could get contact lenses.

Well technically lenses are also a form of glass isnt' it? :P And it isn't a complete solution and can become dangerous at times too. I wouldn't switch to lenses in a hurry as many people around me have reported problems using lenses. It's convenient for a short while but not a healthy long-term solution.

Hmmm i don't believe there is way to get rid of glasses/contact lenses without surgery.You could prevent from bigger problems with eyes without surgery and glasses but to fix them,i haven't heard about that.Try to walk more in nature and watch the nature...Look at green color and stop from very much work at computer.If you have big TV watch from beyond.I think you should use glasses or you will have more problems.

Well technically lenses are also a form of glass isnt' it? :P And it isn't a complete solution and can become dangerous at times too. I wouldn't switch to lenses in a hurry as many people around me have reported problems using lenses. It's convenient for a short while but not a healthy long-term solution.

Contact lenses are perfectly fine. I know people who use them long term, and don't have any problems with them.

You actually can. But you have to start taking care of your eyes at young. My Lil bro used to wear glasses everyday. But after looking at lots of green stuff, we lived near the forest :P ,Not over-playing the computer, Massaging your cheeks actually helps you calm your eyes down. He did that for about 2 years and LOOK! he's not wearing glasses anymore! You can try this. Its totally free, but its a long term effect so you might not notice it.

All natural effects are seen in the long term only! But at least its natural, and its free! I hope to do some more research into this topic and find out if there's a sure way to get rid of glasses naturally. I know it's easier for people with lesser myopia but mine is -9.5!!! (That's what you get after 2 years of WoW!) I am ready to go in for laser surgery but I hear there will be some side effects in the future for that so don't want to take any chances for that! Well now that I've touched that topic anyway, could someone please tell me if there will be any complications in laser surgery due to my high power?

All natural effects are seen in the long term only! But at least its natural, and its free! I hope to do some more research into this topic and find out if there's a sure way to get rid of glasses naturally. I know it's easier for people with lesser myopia but mine is -9.5!!! (That's what you get after 2 years of WoW!) I am ready to go in for laser surgery but I hear there will be some side effects in the future for that so don't want to take any chances for that! Well now that I've touched that topic anyway, could someone please tell me if there will be any complications in laser surgery due to my high power?

Long process it might be, but hey it comes without any charges and most importantly, any side effect. You can take the easy way out by going for surgery like Lasik. But the ill-effect, is it worth saving the time?

Help for high Myopic peopleIs Getting Rid Of Glasses Without Surgery Possible?

Hi H.O.D,

I am also Myopic and my number is the same as yours in one eye and -9.25 in the other. I am also doing more research and looking for natural ways in which I can keep my eyes healthy or in status quo for a long time. It would be great if you could share information that you receive with me and of course I shall do the same.

I am also looking for methods like Yoga or other exercises that can either help decrease the number or at least benefit me by not increasing the current. My doctor says that nothing can help not even surgery as it might reduce the number but as I age it might increase again. I was hurt in the eyes at birth as the doctors using forceps were not well trained with them. I have been told that the reason of my poor eyesight lies there.

But I am not giving up hope and shall continue searching. Maybe some Chinese or Japanese forms of exercise might be useful. Ill keep you updated.

Thanks

Subhashani