xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FouGilang

My Audition Online Website =] Wanna rate?

Hi all
This site is not hosted by trap, it is hosted in indonesian webhosting
So please pardon me if it either lag like hell or cannot be opened :P

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The site layout design, basically, is just a black page, with a looping random asian music video as the background, and finally a javascript link to show/hide the main site (if you wanna see the video) :P
The idea come from a game called "dance mission 2" which has short video as the waiting room background :P

This is also just how my site would likely when it is hosted in trap :)

I don't like the script for hiding website...Your design is good but i don't want websites with frames,plus you added ugly script.Your index page should be http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and it will be better.If i rate your current webpage i will rate it 7/10 if you remove that script/frame i will rate it 8/10.Why 8/10?Because you are using the Joomla! CMS system which usualy runs with someone's template :) But because Joomla is that much hard (sorry if not :P) i rate it 8 of 10,because you success in copyright removing and lots of tricks.There is bug or something like that in soundtracks and it shows the following

{source}<script type="text/javascript" src="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ type="text/javascript">FB.init("87b2e5d7728a5738455a986576405a61");</script><fb:fan profile_id="157556621821" stream="" connections="10" width="300"></fb:fan><div style="font-size:8px; padding-left:10px"><a href="/?_fb_noscript=1 Empire on Facebook</a> </div>
{/source}

I think that is your script for facebook which doesn't work for me :P

thank you :)

well the main reason that i use frame is because i want the video to keep played (not restarted) even when the visitors went to other pages (and..... to hide my "real main site url" which you don't like :P )
if you use the /real/, the video will be lost, that will ruins the reason of making the frame there

Because you are using the Joomla! CMS system which usualy runs with someone's template

lol yeahi guess i wont argue with that :P

about the facebook, i dont know why, but somehow it wont work for people, but work for me
maybe you should move to other page before it worked? --

anyway, which one is "ugly script"?
Edited by FouGilang (see edit history)

If you wont argue,is that template yours :P or no?Sorry if it is.It worked few times the facebook script but then i think facebook did change with the script,but i have slow internet so i can't see "news" on the net :P Take a look at your code for facebook maybe you have some mistake in writing.The "ugly script" is that Show/hide website,it can be better if you need to use that frame for your video.What about to photoshop it your text,or make good button instead of that text?

Well, I agree with most people on this site... I don't like the Hide and Show feature, especially when it is set to be automatically hidden at the first time when you visit the website... I mean, even if people bother to visit your site, why would they need a Hide or Show feature anyway? If they wanted to visit your site, they would obviously want it to "Show" and not "Hide", because if they wanted to "Hide" it, then they would just easily press the "close" button on their browser (or the browser's tabs) and close the whole entire site itself...I won't say anything about scripts though, and it's not because of the previous comments and replies on this thread, but it's just that I don't know much about scripts at all and so I therefore deem myself as too amateur and to nooby like to be able to make a educational comment of scripts...The layout of your site is good, but I didn't really like the background that much, and the Facebook thingy with the "500+ followers" inebbed thingy is really too white and bright for your site, which origiinally have a brownish and a darkish lookout. But if you want it to stand out and to be the first hing that people see when they visit your site, then that will be the best for you... :)Other than that, I suppose it's good. :P And am I right in thinking that you are coming to Xisto to change hosts to get a free new domain name??? Just speculation... :P

If you wont argue,is that template yours or no?

welli'm taking someone's template since i loved the main-menu-on-the-top layout and that template gave me more space for my modules also
so i wont argue if you say that is not 100% my template :P

What about to photoshop it your text,or make good button instead of that text?

ah... never crossed in my mindgood idea, thank you 0_o

Well, I agree with most people on this site... I don't like the Hide and Show feature, especially when it is set to be automatically hidden at the first time when you visit the website... I mean, even if people bother to visit your site, why would they need a Hide or Show feature anyway? If they wanted to visit your site, they would obviously want it to "Show" and not "Hide", because if they wanted to "Hide" it, then they would just easily press the "close" button on their browser (or the browser's tabs) and close the whole entire site itself...

ahahahai guess that show/hide thing just wont work out :P
i've made a poll there to see how many people would rather video, or just music, or none. and for some reason video and bgm went draw, so i'll let the video there for sometime being :)
or maybe i can just make another welcoming index page that allow visitor to choose wether they want video or not? that can be good either :)

And am I right in thinking that you are coming to Xisto to change hosts to get a free new domain name??? Just speculation...

lol noeven if i take a new domain name, i would rather "fouempire" it, something like fouempire.org or something
i just need trap to host an international site which can be opened by indonesian and foreigners without any lag :P

Yes... I actually think that it would be better to remove the show and hide thingy... it would definitely be more beneficial to you... if you think about it, many people might click the link, but not exactly want to visit your website, and so if they only see a black screen with nothing on it except for a "Show and Hide" button, do you think that they will actually stay on your site??? I think not... well, not for me, anyway. The only reason because I went through to you site is only because I have read the previous comments before. So you might have already lost more than a third of your potential subscribers or followers or even just regular visitors to your site just because of this.Also, even when you press the "Show and Hide" button, there is still an annoying underbar type of thin that is blocking a big portion of the computer screen on your website, and it's very annoying. Other than that, I really don't think I have anything else to say to you. That is the very first problem that you will have to solve first before you go into the other technical details revolving around design, colour, layout, and inserting the facebook thinymabob widget in properly. :_)Good luck!!!(And OK... I didn't realise that you owned the fouempire.org domain, but now that I know... well, yeah...)

Wellthe truth is that video-site-frame-button-thingy is the last addition in my site after the facebook stuffI think i should really reconsider how it shown or remove it permanently :PJust got my USD$2, maybe i'll re think my layout before bought it :P

You see that your link doesn't look that good,aah? HHH,kidding :PYou don't need to remove it but make it better,plus instead on link use good Photoshop button.I didn't wanted to say 100% but most people copy all the template and add few modules/components or whatever they use

You see that your link doesn't look that good,aah?

LoL
for this time being i'll remove the video thingy while i'm thinking on how it should look (yeah, i made it direct to /real/, thank you :P )
maybe just a small portion of the website (say 20% height?) will be good, but that made it just like when it use bgm, or... well, just let me think for a while :P

er, like i said before .____________.

This site is not hosted by trap, it is hosted in indonesian webhostingSo please pardon me if it either lag like hell or cannot be opened

it's too bad that you can't open my site though
i would like if all country can open my site without any problem :)

Is your webhosting provider company a free webhosting company? Because if it isn't, I don't see why you cannot mover here at Xisto or find another international free webhost that will provide your website to people worldwide without any lagging or any problems... But anyway, I think it's is just up to you though. I know that moving webhosts can be a pain, but I really don't understand why you don't try it out. It might all work out in the end and you will find that it is worth all the trouble in teh end as well...But anyway, all the best to you!!!

Is your webhosting provider company a free webhosting company? Because if it isn't, I don't see why you cannot mover here at Xisto or find another international free webhost that will provide your website to people worldwide without any lagging or any problems...

the problem is exactly because it is NOT a free webhosting, i bought it and it will expire in august next year. it won't be a good idea if i abandoned my money now :)

I know that moving webhosts can be a pain, but I really don't understand why you don't try it out.

no, it'll just take me about 1 hour to move all the files and databases to the new host. but again, instead of abandoning my first site (and fund), i'll make it 2 site, 1 for indonesian and 1 for global :(