xisto Community
Nameless_

Woo Hoo! My Mycents Are Now Updated! And what about yours?

Woo hoo!!! Yay yay yay!!!I just noticed that my myCENTS has just now updated!!! I will be credited five dollars for all my posting (I swear, it did seem like I posted way more than that... I mean, with my domain linking posts and my non stop posting for the whole entire day today... Hmm...)But anyway, I just thought that I would like to tell your guys in the First Hand Information Forum section that my myCENTS is now updated!!! What about yours??? I'm glad that Xisto is up and running again, it's good to know that your site is going to be safe... :)I just wish that it would get easier and easier to earn myCENTS as you post more, not harder. I mean, if I was a newbie, I would have already earned more than ten dollars with all my posts!!!But anyway, I suppose I should be glad that myCENTS is up and running now... :P(I do hope that this is the right section to post, especially with the fact that I didn't have a news source or anything like that... but then, I didn't copy anything, did I? And this is news too!!! Very Good News!!!) :P:):P

I've got to be honest, it doesn't look like mine have updated yet. Perhaps the script has been edited to only run for a certain number of members at a time, or for a certain amount of time before it stops. Still, it shows signs of progress and activity.

Hi!Nameless : I think the reason why it becomes harder to earn myCENTs instead of easier is that if you were to get started on Xisto, you would want to get a website over the next 2 weeks because if you didn't, you may not stay on Xisto for very long. On the other hand, if you kept posting and it was easier to earn myCENTs, you would accumulate so many myCENTs that you wouldn't have the motivation to keep posting any more.A flat reward system that didn't get easier or harder would be nice too - it maintains a sense of fairness that you get rewarded for your posts, no matter whether you are a newbie or a pro. It also comes across as a no discrimination policy.Each of the three approaches has it's own advantages and disadvantages. The folks at Xisto probably have been doing some number crunching in their ateliers to analyze which approach works best and decided to pick this over other approaches.Anyway, now that the myCENTs credit system is back online, happy forum posting!

I haven't been around here recently so why is every one saying that there my cents has or has not updated yet? They usually update every 4 hours so what is the big deal?

Have we been missing out on MyCents? I just noticed now that I haven't received a single email telling me about another $1 of MyCents since Sept 16! I never even noticed until now. I hope I didn't miss out on MyCents for a months worth of posting. I thought I wrote quite a few posts. I haven't been paying attention :P

This post seems a little spammish to me. I also do not think this belongs here either. Look at the other topics posted here before you and you will obviously see that this should not have been posted here. Nonetheless, I guess this is good news for you :P

Have we been missing out on MyCents? I just noticed now that I haven't received a single email telling me about another $1 of MyCents since Sept 16! I never even noticed until now. I hope I didn't miss out on MyCents for a months worth of posting. I thought I wrote quite a few posts. I haven't been paying attention :P

Two days ago i had two "dollars" less in my account. I have not received any e-mail saying that my myCENTs have been credited to my account—in fact, i haven't received one for a long while, just like you. However, if you're going to rely on your e-mails to determine whether or not your account balance has been updated, then you're going to miss out.

Actually I just received my updated MyCents over the past week and a bit of update inactivity, i was credited with a little over $2 dollars which was exactly what i was expecting. So... goodie for me and probably for everyone else too.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Cool... I didn't realise this thread would get as many replies as it did... I suppose I'm learning on Xisto... hee hee... :)

Nameless : I think the reason why it becomes harder to earn myCENTs instead of easier is that if you were to get started on Xisto, you would want to get a website over the next 2 weeks because if you didn't, you may not stay on Xisto for very long. On the other hand, if you kept posting and it was easier to earn myCENTs, you would accumulate so many myCENTs that you wouldn't have the motivation to keep posting any more.A flat reward system that didn't get easier or harder would be nice too - it maintains a sense of fairness that you get rewarded for your posts, no matter whether you are a newbie or a pro. It also comes across as a no discrimination policy.
Each of the three approaches has it's own advantages and disadvantages. The folks at Xisto probably have been doing some number crunching in their ateliers to analyze which approach works best and decided to pick this over other approaches.

I would personally prefer a flat reward system though, I really don't see any positive points on the non-flat reward system, and as you have said, it is kind of a discriminating type of policy with myCENTS being given and distributed less to the older members that has contributed most and more than the newbies.... it's just not right, I guess. And the main problem... The problem is mainly because of this: because of the fact that we don't know when exactly does the non-flat reward type of system ends. For all we know, it might never end, and the administrators like Opaque and BuffaloHelp didn't exactly tell us about this, did they?

For all we know, the number of myCENTS given out might keep decreasing and decreasing and decreasing until we would only earn 0.01 for ten long posts that we do... and this might just be the the reason why all the members of Xisto are in fact, pretty new members from a year or two before, or even from just a few months like me, apart from very loyal members like anwii and so on that is just loyal to Xisto. But as far as I can see, there aren't many members from 2004 and stuff that are still participating now, and many of the old members don't even have there own website, or that their account has been suspended.

If Xisto is such a good host that gives good opportunities to it's members for easy posting, then why do the old members keep leaving?

I haven't been around here recently so why is every one saying that there my cents has or has not updated yet? They usually update every 4 hours so what is the big deal?

The Big deal is this, Ash-Bash. Your myCENTS haven't been updated for more than a week or so, and some of the members were getting worried about it, while most of them have faith in Xisto. :P

Don't worry, I'm sure that they will give you back your mycents, though I am pretty sure that I should have earned more than five dollars in the past week. I used to earn at least one dollar per day, so shouldn't I at least earn seven dollars? Plus, my average earning is two us dollars per day... so... ???

This post seems a little spammish to me. I also do not think this belongs here either. Look at the other topics posted here before you and you will obviously see that this should not have been posted here. Nonetheless, I guess this is good news for you :)

Yeah, as I said, I have no idea where to post this thread, and the title of this topic forum is "First Hot Information" or something like that, and isn't this first hand??? And if I am not meant to post here, then where am I meant to post anyway??? And it's good to be unique. This isn't a second hand information news, but first hand. How cool is that??? :P

Actually I just received my updated MyCents over the past week and a bit of update inactivity, i was credited with a little over $2 dollars which was exactly what i was expecting. So... goodie for me and probably for everyone else too.

Hmm... For some reason I still haven't received an email on it either. But if myCENTS is updating and transferring like normal, then I suppose Xisto is getting up and running again, so it should be alright, I guess. Just wait and be patient. :) Haha...

Hmm... I kind of get your point. When the MyCent system started way back when, you MyCent thing would update every 4 hours of so, but mine has not updated since I began posting again. Oh well, I guess I will just wait for it to update on its own. Hopefully I have made a lot of posts so I will get a nice a little chuck of cash into my Xisto - Support account :P

I don't think it's running but let me try it i will wait to update my mycent and start posting again :P well it's been a long time i am busy at schoolUPDATES:MY mycent was updated :P thank God I can breath normally now without thinking about my host

Edited by akira550 (see edit history)