xisto Community
inverse_bloom

Crash Bandicoot Original Gems

I've been thinking a little lately about the games i most appreciated on Playstation 1 (and other consoles for that matter). Crash Bandicoot was a hugely popular game for its time and one which i personally enjoyed very much. Although its premise is simple (to survive being bug squashed), it still managed to be very fun and addictive. What was best about it was its gameplay was original, not like anything i had played before up to that point. I was wondering if anyone else enjoyed Crash Bandicoot? There are many games like this i'd rather play than some recent games currently being brought out. This is due to the fact they contained original ideas or superior storylines.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Crash Bandicoot, was the first game I ever had and it was for the PS1. I loved the game, but now I think that the game developers are just rushing and do not really care about quality.In the mobile domain, Nokia had earlier tied up with Vivendi Games to bring Crash Bandicoot to the N-Gage platform and that would be something to contend with. Apparently they?ve met their match with the iPhone as Crash Bandicoot has made his way onto Apples? platform as well. With iPhone gaming becoming increasingly popular, titles like Crash Bandicoot were bound to find their way there. Apple, though their AppStore, brought Crash Bandicoot Nirto Kart to the iPhone and the game will employ the iPhone's superb accelerometer and tilt sensors to make this game more interesting for mobile gamers.

I was wondering if anyone else enjoyed Crash Bandicoot? There are many games like this i'd rather play than some recent games currently being brought out.

Certainly did :P The Crash Bandicoot series was good, and I think me and my brother managed to play pretty much all of them over the years. They were different to most other games out at the time, and were great fun yet still challenging. I still remember the music for some weird reason - why has that stayed with me over the years?! :P

Yes, the theme somehow was typical and irritating at times but the game experience was great for me. I think another time when we will experience such game is in the mobile domain as PS and PC both are now too advanced for games like CB. There are a lot of childhood fights and friendships associated with the game ofcourse.

To make your topic with more fun like in other forums,please USE photos of your game.So,i didn't know for which game you were talking before i google it.Please Don't understand this as warning or i don't know what you think,but this is just a message.Here's image

Posted Image

I like this game but if i played very much some other nice games,and i was bored i played Crash...But now i haven't Playstation and i can't play :P When i saw image of Crash on Google that gave me memoirs from my PS 1.I want racing so much,i don't want other things.

Edited by TheDarkHacker (see edit history)

@ eurobeat, how many hours total did you take to finish Crash Bandicoot and Megaman in? Did you just leave the console on the whole time over a few days, or did you play these games from beginning to end in one sitting for each of them? I've only done that with super metroid, 4 hours.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Never played the game but strangely enough I've always been interested in how it looks or pehaps how much of a rival I saw him to Mario xD. There should have been a clash between Mario and Bandicoot definitely D:<. But as I have my playstation 1 and 2 I think I can finally go get a cheap bandicoot game and play it for myself.I've played Nitro Kart but it felt pretty much the same as Mario Kart, so it wasn't that much of an appeal to me.

Ahhhhh Crash Bandicoot. Love that game. I played this for the longest time. I love racing games and I pretty much grew up on Mario Kart (N64) and Crash Bandicoot (PS1)

Another one I played alot was Spyro the Dragon. I don't know if I ever beat the game but I remember playing it a lot.

Posted Image