xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
user681

My Web Portfolio/blog critique and review please

I think it looks cool and I have this things for website which has a dark background. Having said that, many have complained that white text on black background, it is straining for the eyes and difficult to read. The small font size does not help any better.

It doesn't look too bad but it does feel a little empty.. Need some stuff along the outsides I think. I just hate loading pages that only take half the width of my screen, :P.

If this is your design,it is very nice and menu's background opacity is very COOL! The footer isn't the best but this design rocks.Your title's background is nice,sunset...I don't know what you want US3R681 to mean.If it is blog please start making your posts,because your design is wonderful.I like how your black background works with gray header,and i think this is simple-reading text.You should make your

Contact Us | Terms of Use | Trademarks | Privacy Statement

links working or because you are good designer you can make javascript menu to appear when clicking on contact,terms etc. You will find free scripts on internet,just google for free javascripts and you can make your website more professional...Anyway,for design i rate 10/10

It doesn't look too bad but it does feel a little empty.. Need some stuff along the outsides I think. I just hate loading pages that only take half the width of my screen, :P .

I agree with that... and I think you took down the basic grunge theme and took the background and worked on it, right? (I couldn't find the name on the internet)... I recognise the background... Argh... if only I could do something like that.

But anyway, yes... it does look it little too empty around the sides. You might want to widen the blog area if you can. But for the rest, I actually think that it is pretty good. I don't like the bottom of the template though, where it curves down into a capsule like shape. I personally would prefer it if it is squared down. SO if you could change that that will be great. In my personal opinion, I believe that square shapes are easier to make and code than non-sqaured shapes, so if you can make something like that, then I don't think that that is a problem for you... and that's all, I suppose... :P

Good job!!!

I agree with that... and I think you took down the basic grunge theme and took the background and worked on it, right? (I couldn't find the name on the internet)... I recognise the background... Argh... if only I could do something like that.
But anyway, yes... it does look it little too empty around the sides. You might want to widen the blog area if you can. But for the rest, I actually think that it is pretty good. I don't like the bottom of the template though, where it curves down into a capsule like shape. I personally would prefer it if it is squared down. SO if you could change that that will be great. In my personal opinion, I believe that square shapes are easier to make and code than non-sqaured shapes, so if you can make something like that, then I don't think that that is a problem for you... and that's all, I suppose... :)

Good job!!!

The grunge theme was 100% created within photoshop using custom brushes...but I'm sure other people have done similar backgrounds to mine, which may be why you think I took it from an existing theme

I might make it wider in the future, but as of now i think it serves its purpose well enough. About the blog thing though..I actually don't know what i'm going to do with the home or the blog page..because right now i'm just using it as a homepage which explains why it's so empty
I'm thinking of changing the banner and adding a logo to the site :P

I've tried the square bottoms..i've asked some people for their opinions..and I kinda got mixed opinions so I jsut went with rounded corners

and thanks everyone :P