xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
asomormridul

Do You Believe In Online Dating Sites?

Online dating sites are gaining a lot more popularity as one can access easily to the like minded people around the city. Moreover, most of such dates are one time activity and both the partners rarely remembers their dates.Have you been to such datings?How do you feel about such dating sites where two strangers fix meeting over a short chat?

I haven't used that type of site but I understand the dynamics behind it.It more or less breaks down the whole "looks" barrier and helps you to get to know people better for who they are rather than how they look. People's biggest argument against it is that people can "front" or act like someone they're not. If you met me in real life I could front even easier than online, because I can adapt my image to be someone I'm not as well. So I don't understand why people fear this whole "you never really know them." You don't know anyone in real life either. No matter who they are or how long you've "known" them. There are things they lie about, there are things they change, etc.It's just part of life.

Online dating sites are gaining a lot more popularity as one can access easily to the like minded people around the city. Moreover, most of such dates are one time activity and both the partners rarely remembers their dates.
Have you been to such datings?

How do you feel about such dating sites where two strangers fix meeting over a short chat?

well let's see here. I have to admit I tried it once and ONLY Once. They set me up with a very pretty lady. everything that I hoped for. she and I talked over the phone and E mails for about a month before meeting in person. Well That was Mistake Number 2 because mistake number 1 was even trying it, Same as most online sites, people lie. best to meet someone on the streets I think

well let's see here. I have to admit I tried it once and ONLY Once. They set me up with a very pretty lady. everything that I hoped for. she and I talked over the phone and E mails for about a month before meeting in person. Well That was Mistake Number 2 because mistake number 1 was even trying it, Same as most online sites, people lie. best to meet someone on the streets I think

Out of curiosity.. You say mistake 2 was meeting her. What happened?:P

Sorry, I've really gotta know this now!

pretty good post for someone who hasn't tried it. it discusses both sides.

although i do have to argue the point that one can fool someone as easy offline compared to online. sure, you're able to adapt to any situation offline, but same can be true online. when meeting offline, you get things you don't get online. the slightest body movements and gestures, tone, etc... which makes it easier to know someone more fully...including the eyes and eye movements. even if someone shows a webcam, they are still at a disadvantage.

although looks are important as part of a whole package, what's in the inside is usually what is most important and the attraction online would lean more towards that. although it's easier to lie and decieve.

this is why i suggest after meeting online writing emails and im's, to transition quickly to the phone, and then transition to meeting in person within one week or two. i wouldn't wait longer than that in case you were meant to believe in things that weren't true. it can really screw a person up big time without any remorse from the one lying or decieving because they are dealing with their own insecurities and will justg make up any excuse to justify their own wrongs where trust should have been a given in an online dating situation.

but people are looking for different things online as well. some are looking to date, while others are only looking for attention as it's alot easier to get the attention they need online rather than offline. it's important to find out who you are talking to and the type of person they are as quickly as possible.

last but not least, i feel a need to say something to the online daters that i think president reagan said when he was president. "trust, but verify" the sooner you can verify in the online dating world, the less of a chance is there to get hurt.

I haven't used that type of site but I understand the dynamics behind it.
It more or less breaks down the whole "looks" barrier and helps you to get to know people better for who they are rather than how they look. People's biggest argument against it is that people can "front" or act like someone they're not. If you met me in real life I could front even easier than online, because I can adapt my image to be someone I'm not as well. So I don't understand why people fear this whole "you never really know them." You don't know anyone in real life either. No matter who they are or how long you've "known" them. There are things they lie about, there are things they change, etc.

It's just part of life.

Here's how I feel about online dating. There are certain aspects of some dating sites that I think ARE pretty damn good. Let me take E-harmony for example. They use this unique compatibility thingy where you put in information about yourself and they will find matches based on the things you put. This matches you with somebody that you will have a high chance of being compatible with. I think this is much better then some other dating sites where you just look at people's profiles and send them messages and whatnot. The reason the former is better is because E-harmony took the hassle. No longer do you have to roam through numerous profiles, send numerous emails, and then get rejected many different times. I'm not saying you can't get rejected with E-harmony, just that there's a less of a chance then similar sites. And no.. I am not an E-harmony representative :P

Well i think what those sites are trying to do is beautiful but im sorry they do not workpeople use them the same as they use myspace or facebook, and most of the people in those sites are playersi mean come on face it, if you join one of those sites you are not gonna be looking for just once personyou are gonna contact many, and get their hopes up, in hopes of finding the right personso people are misled and turned on, and others lie, because most just want sex or an open whatever relationshipaka a good timeand then on the other hand you hve the rapist and older men who are just looking for somoene to foolif you want to find true love, get your *bottom* out there and LOOK. dont sit in front of the computer hoping for the perfect boy or girl to type to you.

Well i think what those sites are trying to do is beautiful but im sorry they do not workpeople use them the same as they use myspace or facebook, and most of the people in those sites are players
i mean come on face it, if you join one of those sites you are not gonna be looking for just once person
you are gonna contact many, and get their hopes up, in hopes of finding the right person

so people are misled and turned on, and others lie, because most just want sex or an open whatever relationship
aka a good time

and then on the other hand you hve the rapist and older men who are just looking for somoene to fool

if you want to find true love, get your *bottom* out there and LOOK. dont sit in front of the computer hoping for the perfect boy or girl to type to you.

what you guys are saying is true...i've tried them and the results weren't that bad though...

I met a very understanding chick, but of course she had some weird issues...the things...who doesn't have issues?? so i can't really say the dating sites are bad. :)

They are only bad when used blindly...as with anything else. you do not have to talk to someone online and make the decision to marry right there. their role is just to set you up and the rest you do on your own

all you have to do is arrange a meet and get to know the person...don't let the site be the ultimate place where you chat and make the all important decisions...

so i think if used well. they are sites that can help much as ads in the press help as well :(

ugh well let's see..you go on a generic dating site and look under the men section ..hm 3200 ads on men seeking women and 600 women seeking mennow you be the judge. tell me if this is actually going to work or not.

they do work. that's why there are so many of them. yes, there are usually more women than men. that's why women always complain about the multitude of responses. they have to be good at sorting through all the b.s....especially the guys who are responding for one thing and one thing only.

ugh well let's see..you go on a generic dating site and look under the men section ..hm 3200 ads on men seeking women and 600 women seeking mennow you be the judge. tell me if this is actually going to work or not.

Dear friends here I would like to narrate an incident in which whole life of a couple was spoilt due online dating and chatting etc. Actually it was some years ago one man and a woman of the same city met on internet in an online dating type of a site and they started a very long continuous chat with each other. But the fact was they didn’t disclosed their actual name and address to each other. At last after some months of continuous online chat and all they decided to meet in personal and decided a day to meet near a famous monument in that city both of them decided the time and disclosed about the dress color which they decided to wear that day. In the evening 6.00 PM as the decided time when they reached near the old monument there were no body nearby at that time and only two of them and will you believe ironically in real life both of them were husband and wife. After knowing this fact that for that many months they were actually chatting all those rubbish with their own spouse, they were not able to face each other and decided to divorce each other and now both of them are separated and living alone. So dear friends some times such incidents also happens as its very difficult to get a person online who may be disclosing all the personal details about them honestly. That’s why I believe that its very difficult to get a real relations through online dating sites etc. ?

I believe that online dating can work (not to mention that it has, many times). I do think, however, that in order for it to be successful, the two people involved have to be mature and understanding of the nature of their relationship. Additionally, I believe that in some cases online dating can be highly beneficial vs. offline dating, due to the fact that the number of people online is immense, thus creating a lot more room for narrowing in on interests and personalities that match your own.(On a side note, I do believe that at some point you have to meet the person physically. A strictly online relationship [for the entire duration of the relationship] doesn't seem that it would have a very high chance of success.)

Never tried it myself. But came across few site owners who are into creating such sites and flipping them. So i guess it is working as their is business for such sites. Not sure what men and women prefer from online dating. What are their expectations but looks like there is lot of memberbase on some sites and active participation as well.