xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FaLgoR

Age 2 Huns

Do you approve the hun civilization?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What you think about the huns, which simply don't need to built houses, on age of empires 2? I think it suck. Much people says theyre expertz, but only play with this civilization. The houses are an important part of the strategy! They don't need to worry about the population and spend less wood! Let me say, 1300 less wood... So, I want to know what you think about the huns, civilization which, for me, is an big decay of this great game. I wanted to do 2 polls, but I don't want to post 2 topics, so, I'll make another question for you here: Can an player who knows to play ONLY with the huns, and are rooks with any other civilization, be called expert?Please comment your vote. Thx!

Are the huns only in the expansion pack. I haven't played the original for a little while but can't remember the huns at all, and I know I never had the expansion pack. In any case, is that the only difference between them and the other races, or do they get a special unit as well. If that is overpowered and they don't need houses I could see how that would unbalance things. I will have to go and have a look in the game store in town and see about buying the expansion and playing it to find out for myself, since it is old enough it must be in bargain bins by now. I do enjoy looking round and seeing what you can find very cheaply in the shops now. Since my pc is starting to get quite old I can only run older games and it is saving me a fortune compared to what i used to spend on games. Some of them are even starting to offer free downloads online which is even better now I have broadband running.

I like the huns, but no...I don't think they are overpowered. They're great for Rushing, but that's about it. If their rush fails, then they're in trouble. They have little to no defences. Even their Special Unit (which, yes, is very good) is not good in a defensive situation. They're great for rushing and for being on the attack, but not much else. If you want the real Superpower of Age2, use the Tuetons. It's common knowledge that on land maps, these guys simply dominate. Also, the Byzantines, Britons, Celts, and Koreans are really good. And the Mayans can be powerful if you play them right. So, while the Huns are irritating, and powerful, overpowered? No. As for your second question, No. Someone who only knows how to play Huns can't be considered an Expert. However, if they know how to use all the civs, but choose to use the huns, then yes, I say that could be, though it depenends on whether they can pley the others "expertly" as well.

Lots of RM Huns freaks, but as Eruntalon said:

They're great for Rushing, but that's about it. If their rush fails, then they're in trouble. They have little to no defences.

It's absolutely true. They're basically good for your knight rush at Castle, and good for flushing also. But if you want to Imp boom they're not so great. I didn't find their special unit anything great though? Good vs buildings, but only useful early on in Castle age.
However, because so many people use Huns non stop it has taken away from the variety of RM games, not so much because it's over powered, rather it's overused.

I like the huns, but no...I don't think they are overpowered. They're great for Rushing, but that's about it. If their rush fails, then they're in trouble. They have little to no defences. Even their Special Unit (which, yes, is very good) is not good in a defensive situation. They're great for rushing and for being on the attack, but not much else.  If you want the real Superpower of Age2, use the Tuetons. It's common knowledge that on land maps, these guys simply dominate. Also, the Byzantines, Britons, Celts, and Koreans are really good. And the Mayans can be powerful if you play them right. So, while the Huns are irritating, and powerful, overpowered? No. As for your second question, No. Someone who only knows how to play Huns can't be considered an Expert. However, if they know how to use all the civs, but choose to use the huns, then yes, I say that could be, though it depenends on whether they can pley the others "expertly" as well.

48299[/snapback]

I don't think so. They don't need houses and have the great units avaiable, just like paladins. I have a friend who plays great with the huns, but if he play withany other civ, teutons for example, he is badest than an rook :~

houses are an part of the strategy... and the huns don't need torespeect it. I know, probably "Yes" will win, but I'm entirely against this civilization.

Are the huns only in the expansion pack. I haven't played the original for a little while but can't remember the huns at all, and I know I never had the expansion pack. In any case, is that the only difference between them and the other races, or do they get a special unit as well. If that is overpowered and they don't need houses I could see how that would unbalance things. I will have to go and have a look in the game store in town and see about buying the expansion and playing it to find out for myself, since it is old enough it must be in bargain bins by now. I do enjoy looking round and seeing what you can find very cheaply in the shops now. Since my pc is starting to get quite old I can only run older games and it is saving me a fortune compared to what i used to spend on games. Some of them are even starting to offer free downloads online which is even better now I have broadband running.

48279[/snapback]

Don't need houses, stables work 20% faster, cavalary archers costs -25%,they have paladins, champions and much great units... isn't it overpowered? Only don't need houses is an great advantage (the best, I can say), but they have much more strong units and great advantages.. Surelly it's overpowered..

Huns Down!

|

|

V