xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nameless_

Is Trap17 (and Xisto) Falling Down Around Our Ears? Two main things: NO reply in support tickers and the myCENTS problem

Hey people...I don't know whether it is just me or what, I have faith in Xisto and Xisto, and I don't believe that this is the first time the myCENTS system has had a problem and a glitch, but I know that some people are believing that Xisto is failing, and even if they don't want it to, that's what they think.So far, I have encountered two main problems. The first, is as you all know it, the myCENTS not updating problem. The second one is that the support tickets that I have sent in (I have sent in two) has not been replied since two days ago, and I think that it is a very long time. In fact, I was sitting in front of my computer constantly updating the billing and support ticket area waiting for a reply for the whole day yesterday because I thought that they would reply soon, since they haven't already in more than 24 hours. This morning when I woke up I can still see the tickets unreplied, and my problem still unsolved.I have faith in Xisto, and I do hope that they will pull through, but on behalf of everyone in this forum (I still haven't seen a thread on this), has anyone received support from their support tickets that they have submitted? Yesterday I was talking to TheDarkHacker and he too, said that he hasn't received any support since ages... (I don't know precisely when).For all you old members out there, has there been a problem as big as this before? My domain thing has encountered a problem, and they tried cancelling the order, and though I have my refund, the domain is still "registered" with them, though on the "My domains" page it is labelled as "terminated" in red. Any help on that? I can't cancel the order at all.Is it just me, or did the Xisto - Support people go on strike or something?

My opinion? I think Xisto has been around a long time, and the people who created it are getting bored of it. You don't see many mods or admins chatting it up on here. Back in the day, they were probably very active in promoting their forum. I think it's running on auto-pilot now and the mods step in to help when they have time. I don't sense a very enthusiastic staff, though most times they are quite helpful if you ask a general question about a web design related thing. I think they just moved on to new things in their lives. What ever happened to that re-design Trap contest? I haven't heard anything about it. A few of my website support questions have been ignored, but I'm not complaining. The fact that I even got to register a domain without paying for it is pretty cool. I didn't even expect that to be possible without some sell your soul catch, so I'm satisfied. I think it's a cool forum too, where people from different parts of the world with different interests can talk about things. Too bad it's pretty inactive.. most of the sections i like to talk about are dead :P

Nameless, The problem with your mycents not updating is because there are many posts of yours which have been un-approved or deleted. Secondly, I will reassure everyone that the mycent system is stable and crediting members. The only problem is the number of members have increased and the system is not able to cope up with the increasing number.Previously mycent updates were only delayed by 1 day, but now its gone more than a week. The mycent system puts a good load on the server and hence I am not pushing the throttle setting as the present hosting cluster requires an upgrade.I have scheduled the update to be done next month. And I m sure, the system will be fast again. Please bear with us till the next month.I also assure everyone that your all your posts will be accounted and credited. Just wait for the myCENT update mail :-)

I don't think what made you think like this. Even my mycents are not credited. I've one domain registration pending. But i'm being patient here. I knew that there was mycent-update issue. And there will be modification for the mycent. Also mycent not updating for you is because of un-necessary posts. I already explained in one thread that you write un-necessary stuff on posts and make it long. This will be soon catch by system and you'll not get the credits. Be genuine and post only what is expected. And you'll be credited. Just imagine if everyone tries to duck mycent system, you think free service like this will survive ?

Is it just me, or did the Xisto - Support people go on strike or something?

As far as support is concerned, i told you already that it's weekend. But still they did answered your questions. I don't think they're failing.

Although I have been a bit impatient I've always had faith in Xisto and was expecting something like the upgrade issue. My myCENTs were last updated three days ago and I immediately knew that it had something to do with the servers. The main problem is that the number of new members is more, but all of them make very few posts now and then or just disappear altogether. Still, their mere number means that the servers are taking a lot of load! I'm completely reassured by OpaQue's reply. There have been instances before when some people doubted the stability of the system but t17 has always come through and it will do so now too :P

Yeah, I'm not understanding why everyone is in a huge rush anyways... So what if it's delayed? Back with the old system (where you got credits instead of MyCents) it could take a few days to get a reply back to even let you know if you were accepted or denied for your hosting. And during that time you still had to stay active on the forums to ensure your credits weren't lost.The admins have things they need to do too. They can't visit every post to chat with people.About tickets.. When 15000 people send in a ticket about the same exact problem, I would also start ignoring them. There is absolutely no reason to reply to every member one-by-one to say "We know." over and over.

It's day 3 for me without myCENTs and my impatience is slowly showing. Even more worried are some people who have no balance left to pay their hosting bill :P I hope there's some kind of solution for these people until the update takes place next month. Until then I urge the members not to be impatient like me :P

@The simpleton, the best solution i can say is earn Mycent that cover year of hosting. I mean you've to earn 24$ Mycents in advance and pay it for year's hosting. Plus domain separately,if registered. This is the only way to ensure safety in mycent downtime. This is not good advice though, some people are posting excessively in their post to earn mycent. And i think this thing will be patched in Mycents new system soon.

@The simpleton, the best solution i can say is earn Mycent that cover year of hosting. I mean you've to earn 24$ Mycents in advance and pay it for year's hosting. Plus domain separately,if registered. This is the only way to ensure safety in mycent downtime. This is not good advice though, some people are posting excessively in their post to earn mycent. And i think this thing will be patched in Mycents new system soon.

Yeah, the quality of posts is somewhat dragging as of lately. More often than not people are either posting the same things that were already hosted or are asking the same question multiple times in different ways for the sole purpose of getting their MyCents.

It's a little depressing how people always try to take advantage of good things. That's why a lot of great ideas fail - because of people trying to exploit them.

Nameless, The problem with your mycents not updating is because there are many posts of yours which have been un-approved or deleted. Secondly, I will reassure everyone that the mycent system is stable and crediting members. The only problem is the number of members have increased and the system is not able to cope up with the increasing number.
Previously mycent updates were only delayed by 1 day, but now its gone more than a week. The mycent system puts a good load on the server and hence I am not pushing the throttle setting as the present hosting cluster requires an upgrade.

I have scheduled the update to be done next month. And I m sure, the system will be fast again. Please bear with us till the next month.

I also assure everyone that your all your posts will be accounted and credited. Just wait for the myCENT update mail :-)

I really think you should make a News,announcement that clarifies the current mycent situation, instead of leaving people in the dark..

I've been with Xisto for nearly a year and would rate it 10 out of 10.The mycents updates always get resolved anyway.A lot of things can go wrong on a server, and if some thingstake a little bit longer time, that's just life.

To add to what mahesh2k said, when you get money from MyCents, save for a while. Only renew a domain if it is within 2 months of expiring and you have $12+. I would even suggest $16+ just in case. Stay active on the forums so that you won't have to post a lot when it comes to paying the bill.

It is reassuring that our posts is accounted for. It got to my notice that myCents has remain "stagnant" for about a week thou I have been consistantly contributing in the forum. Thought something was wrong and therefore did not make a feedback. But a week is kinda long. But I have been reassured again. As for the support ticket, I have sent a couple before and I must say the response rate is great. They reply promptly (about a day, due to the time difference maybe) and provide great advice.Just hope that myCents will start working again.