xisto Community
serverph

Obama Awarded 2009 Nobel Peace Prize breaking news

Posted Image

Obama awarded 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Congratulations, President Obama! :)

i'll make further comments later. :P i just wanna post it this early. :P

Well done making the post so early :P Anyway it's a pleasant surprise to get this news and I guess no one expected this in the first place. I read somewhere that there was a dilemma to choose a candidate for the peace prize this year. But in the end I guess most people will be satisfied with the result. Congratulations Mr.Obama :P

What did he get it for, you ask?

he Norwegian Nobel Committee said it honored Obama for his "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

That's kind of vague. They say that it's not the same as giving the peace prize to Gorbachev when the big G was trying to take down the wall. Really, it's not? Then what's with this?

"Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future," the committee said.

They're giving it to him because he's america's first black president. He wasn't even one of the front runners. Bono has more reason to get this thing than he does. All of his peace efforts are merely part of his job - nothing extraordinary. They're giving it to him because he represents "peace" and "hope" and "change." Not because of his personal achievements. If I were Obama, I'd feel like crap, honestly. They give me an award for being unusual? Gee, thanks.

Hmm those are some interesting thoughts - it is indeed "part of his job" to maintain peace in the country and one might say he's just being rewarded for doing his job. But still you can't deny that he has done a lot to deserve this award, isn't it?

i don't know if it is well deserved or not. i know that a president should get honored like this just because he's president. the bigger picture though shows he has worked hard to where he has gotten and has the respect of the majority. not just in the united states, but internationally. he has crossed many barriers to get to where he is at now. not one white president can say the same. his efforts say alot if people take the time to "listen".

What did he get it for, you ask?
That's kind of vague. They say that it's not the same as giving the peace prize to Gorbachev when the big G was trying to take down the wall. Really, it's not? Then what's with this?

They're giving it to him because he's america's first black president. He wasn't even one of the front runners. Bono has more reason to get this thing than he does. All of his peace efforts are merely part of his job - nothing extraordinary. They're giving it to him because he represents "peace" and "hope" and "change." Not because of his personal achievements. If I were Obama, I'd feel like crap, honestly. They give me an award for being unusual? Gee, thanks.

i don't know if it is well deserved or not. i know that a president should get honored like this just because he's president. the bigger picture though shows he has worked hard to where he has gotten and has the respect of the majority. not just in the united states, but internationally. he has crossed many barriers to get to where he is at now. not one white president can say the same. his efforts say alot if people take the time to "listen".

All I can say is LMAO, Yea give him the peace prize because when he is done with his term, 1 everyone is gone be dead from his so called healthcare plan. (no people left to fight a war) or 2 he will start something with Iran or Korea and start a war and get everyone killed so we will not have anyone to fight and then there will be peace. I'm sorry but this is a Joke him getting that. I can think of many more people in this word that should get it more than Him.

All I can say is LMAO, Yea give him the peace prize because when he is done with his term, 1 everyone is gone be dead from his so called healthcare plan. (no people left to fight a war) or 2 he will start something with Iran or Korea and start a war and get everyone killed so we will not have anyone to fight and then there will be peace. I'm sorry but this is a Joke him getting that. I can think of many more people in this word that should get it more than Him.

I was about to post something near this as well. Only mine goes like this:

"We are giving him a Nobel Peace Prize for destroying our country? So far everything he is doing has more negatives than positives associated with them. The people who don't understand what's going on really need to quit listening to the media and *read* the changes he is enacting. It's all in pure text, black and white. There is no "oh, you think it has negatives?" No, I *know* for a *fact* it does. Read the damned laws they're passing."

My question is, what has he done that Bush hasn't? Bush has done more peace related things than Obama can even think of.

Bush sent troops to Afghanistan to restore peace to an area largely controlled by terrorists, and disbanded the Taliban in days.

Bush helped to control the situation in Iraq, and because of it Saddam Hussein was captured.

Palestine vs Israel situation cooled down a little.

When Russia made the smart decision to invade Georgia, Bush basically told Russia to fu** out or get fu**ed up by the US troops.

Obama has done nothing to this extent. Unfortunately it seems to be a popularity contest with the Nobel Peace Prize, so the black President who has come to save us all will get it rather than Bush, who's name was a joke to most people.

I hope that Obama goes down worse than Bush did, just because of all the hype and "change" crap going around. Give me an effing break.

Mother Theresa didn't even get this Nobel "Peace" Prize. Knowing what I know now, that is that it was given to the president who brought the United States the Federal Reserve to enslave us to oblivion (President Woodrow Wilson) I now know why the likes of Algore and Jimmy "Peanut Boy" Carter have gotten this reward. It's also worth noting that according to the Lame Stream Media, the ballot was closed for candidates for this award only two weeks after The Usurper in Chief was inaugurated illegally. What the hell had he done in two weeks but find every red communist he could to become part of his cabinet? Nothing toward Peace except make lots of meaningless speeches. By now, he's dramatically increased fighting in Afghanistan, kept status quo in Iraq and continues to threaten Iran, one of the most peaceful countries in the middle east. They keep using that word, "peace", but obviously don't have a clue what it means.

Iran can be peaceful unless provoked. Needless to say, they aren't big fans of the USA either-http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ do believe with most of what you said though. I don't believe Iran is looking to start a nuclear war, because they know that the USA is much more powerful. North Korea may not be that smart however.

My question is, what has he done that Bush hasn't?
I hope that Obama goes down worse than Bush did, just because of all the hype and "change" crap going around. Give me an effing break.

Amen. Seriously, where do people get off suggesting that Obama is any better than previous presidents? He hasn't made a hard decision yet! We can't tell what kind of president he is.
When he's done something as hard as lead the United States through a civil war or pardon Nixon in order to preserve peace at the expense of his popularity, then come back and tell me that he's a good president. Not until.

The exit polls were ridiculous too. 70% of people who voted for Obama did so because they "identified with him." 65% of people who voted for McCain did so because they "agreed with his policies." There are other examples. Basically, Obama has taken advantage of his race in order to win. It's sad. It's like racism for a good cause. Ugh.

Iran can be peaceful unless provoked. Needless to say, they aren't big fans of the USA either-http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
I do believe with most of what you said though. I don't believe Iran is looking to start a nuclear war, because they know that the USA is much more powerful. North Korea may not be that smart however.

It's not about being "smart." North Korea would kill themselves if it meant they could take down us as well. Much like Muslims, North Korea views the US as "devils" that must be destroyed at all costs.

It's all religious wars.

OMG!!!Yes OMG and WTF are the expressions we can have for this Nobel Peace Prize.Firstly, he is yet to prove that he could do anything that brings or will bring peace to this world. Merely saying Nuke-free world and shouting at mikes will not help as countries like Pakistan ( more popularly known as Fukistan) and China are giving *BLEEP* to the Nuke-free world concept. North Korea already proved and pasted their dung on US face earlier.Secondly, why should he get such a prize because under him lies the largest aresenal of Nuclear bombs in the world. He keeps for himself and preaches others to stop. Largest hippocrate being given the Prize. WTF.Thirdly, Obama gets the recognition on the day of his dog's (named Bo after all Bin Ladens viz Muslims) Birthday. OMG.Lastly but not the least, his only speech ever mattered or for that matter being heard was for the Miss World Pegent.The thing that in his nine months in office, he has hardly achived anything is yet to be proved. The pressure now will be in Obama to prove his worthiness in the eyes of the people and in no way he will be as close to Nelson Mandela or Mother Teresa. So, the matter of fact is that Obama will be in more pressure than before and only time will say whether this dirty thanksgiving by the Nobel Committee will make Obama's tenure shorter and difficult.Had he denied the award saying it is too early for such a prize, his reputation would have increased many fold. But alas it was not to happen.May Obama get some peace for himself.

I have gone through this topic in many sites and tv channels and most of them were surprised and were not beliving how it is and what he has done for the same. But I have heard the comments of the commity who approved this award for him, giving the details why he was awarded Nobel. Due to his works in asia for establishing pieace so even I would like to Congratulate him for what he has gained.?

hmm..

I only hope people realize obama didn't nominate himself and also that this demonstrates how highly people in other countries think of him. Until recently, the US was hated by other countries. We had become so unpopular under the Bush Administration for a variety of reasons. When Obama was elected, other countries saw the US as an open-minded country able to elect a black president. They see him as an agent of change and are more willing to open up to the US and listen to what we suggest. Then we get back to the US where the people who didn't vote for him don't just disagree with his policies, they downright HATE the man. I've never in my life seen people with their undies in such a wad over a presidential election...and it wasn't even that close. It's not like he won by 3 votes and the ballots had hanging chads or anything. But those people will take this and use it against the Obama and the people who like him as if anyone in the US had anything to do with him winning the Nobel Peace Prize. I don't know if he deserves to win, as Americans we're too clouded by the home front and are unable to see the world view of Obama...but the Nobel committee thinks he deserves to win. This isn't a prize for how Americans feel about him, but how the world feels about him. If what the committee says is true, if he's really transformed how people think of America to the point that we can start making the world better, then maybe he does deserve it and I don't think anyone in the US is qualified to make that call because right now we can't see the forest for the trees.

Notice from truefusion:

Link