xisto Community
damoon

Good Photo Editor

Hey all does anyone know a good photo editor that can cut out picture background and replace with another one????

:P

please i want it to have a low memory like say 1mb-11mb in size..........

1mb-11mb? well i don't know what would i suggest because photoshop CS was big in space but good same as photoshop elements..i don't remember the size of GIMP but you can check it.. if you didn't find a good one just edit your picturesin some online website like lunapic.com or imikimi.com they are online photo editing websites

the GIMP will do it just fine. You wont get it much smaller than the GIMP. Google it, download it, select the background and erase it (well actually, youd have to make a second layer,, under the image layer so it goes transparent, but meh) and place the new background in.

Apart from gimp is there any other good online photo editor??????

I just really want to change the background of an image

Google photoshop online..

you'll find a few

Apart from gimp is there any other good online photo editor??????

I just really want to change the background of an image

if your on Windows you can use Paint.NET

It has a magic wand tool so cutting out images should not be much trouble.

It requires .NET framework 3.5, which you might already have anyway.

Hey all does anyone know a good photo editor that can cut out picture background and replace with another one????

:P

please i want it to have a low memory like say 1mb-11mb in size..........

Hi, i believe i can help you with this yes any picture is able to be cut and replaced. The memory of the file is whats most troubling. Message me or post the picture and details you want.

P.S: i will be using Photoshop for this.

Thank you

Abel

Dear friend I am using Photo shop and I am fully satisfied with the same so why don't you try it. For some reasons I also use Chorel draw 12 its typically professional and ultimate and thats why I use it for my professional photo editing works.?

to be honest, today as memory size has inreased dramatically and companies dont bother to care about less memory size. So its very difficult to suggest you such program with low memory size requirement. Graphic works requires memory alot.

For simple things you can use Irfanview, it is very small and can do quite a lot, especially with extra plugins, it doesn't take much resources at all, but for simple editing and simple effects it's one of the best image viewer/editor around:you can download it from here: http://www.irfanview.com/

Also, here is some info on it on Wikipedia: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I am using it for years now for simple and fast tasks, but for more powerful tasks with graphics I usually use GIMP, which is using more memory, more space and more time to start :) and of course has much more features and capabilities. :)

Like others, the program that I would recommend for all photo editing or image editing would be the GIMP software. This has the functionality of Photoshop but is freeware so won't cost a penny.The only problem with the GIMP is, or what I think it is, it is complicated to use so you will need to follow tutorials, user guides or videos to be able to make the most of this program.I struggle with using GIMP and image editing but to be honest I haven't really spent a lot of time learning how to use the GIMP. As I said above, if you learn how to use it, the GIMP is just as good as Photoshop and if not better as it is a lot cheaper.

Edited by GrumbleBall (see edit history)

If you want only to change the background there is a freeware made for this job. This software name is "FotoMix" it can change the background in only a few clicks. Picture quality if you don't change the size is very nice but if you want to change the size go for gimp because this software has serious problem with resizing. anyway FotoMix is very user friendly and is not a resource hungry software so u can test it for free :D .