xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
damoon

What Is The Easiest Computer Programming Language?

theres been a debate off recent on the easiest programming language to learn and i dont really know

Please for the sake of young programmers/coders or new ones... please tell us which language to start from in prgramming that wont give us stress and i dont mean web coding... i mean computer programming e.g C#

Basic is by far the easiest.I'm personally learning and teaching C++ at the moment. Actually I may have a source to help you learn soon, :P. I'm working on a site already (putting up in-depth articles) on C++ from the newbie standpoint through the expert (game-creation and whatnot) information. It isn't like those books that just toss a lot of stuff at you and hope you can derive what's happening from the source. I'm detailing everything step by step.If you have any interest in it at all I can share the link with you via PM while I work on it. It's not ready for release yet and won't be for a while as I'm waiting until it is in a very solid state first.Regardless, if you're interested and want to learn C++ it can be a great source. If nothing else, maybe your input can help me figure out what I'm doing right/wrong on it, unclear points, etc.

Well I suggest C++ because it's easy and friendly :P and not that complicated..you should try it.. or you can start with C but starting in C++ doesn't need to start with Cbecause C is the basic language of C++ but i recommend learnin C++ without learning C first..but you can learn C first if you want to understand more easily in C++

Well I suggest C++ because it's easy and friendly :P and not that complicated..you should try it.. or you can start with C but starting in C++ doesn't need to start with C
because C is the basic language of C++ but i recommend learnin C++ without learning C first..
but you can learn C first if you want to understand more easily in C++

I really do have to disagree to 1 point of the C++ and C yes they are easy to learn and understand but I feel you could really learn by hands on with a cheat code editor like say coffeecup. they show you some easy coding that you can play around with and get to know the basics 1st. then move onto something like C and ++

Good Luck

I really do have to disagree to 1 point of the C++ and C yes they are easy to learn and understand but I feel you could really learn by hands on with a cheat code editor like say coffeecup. they show you some easy coding that you can play around with and get to know the basics 1st. then move onto something like C and ++
Good Luck

Yeah, this is something I've been taking into consideration with the site I'm making. I'm starting it out even more detailed than Basic. And after each small segment of a tutorial (like text input/output) there is a sample program showing it in action. After that, there is also a quiz to help understand whether or not you are comprehending the information, and the source code for the quiz answer is linked to it so you can refer to it if you are having issues with anything.

So far the site is coming along great, it just takes a long time to get everything written for it. I'm writing it, editing it, writing more, editing again, doing the source codes and compiling to ensure they work as expected, then reviewing the information yet again to make sure everything is right.

The C++ syntax is very simple.Now i am programming in PHP.That is very simple languages without events,dlls etc. Normally if you are an advanced user you should learn how can PHP connect with other pages,text files,images,databases etc. But one simple user can use his first function for output

This is example which shows the PHP syntax similar to C++ and your first PHP function ECHO:

<?phpecho "Hello trap17.com;;?>
Every line should end with ";" to prevent from errors.Every script should start with "<?php" and end with "?>".Every text should start with " and every variable should start with "$".This example shows how to declare variable $trap and write the variable called trap.

<?php$trap=17;echo $trap;?>

Variable can be double,string,integer etc. This tutorial shows how you can echo more variables using "."

<?php$string="trap is very good.";$integer=17;echo $string.$integer;?>
I think this is the best tutorial for the beginners.Start learn PHP from http://www.w3schools.com/ Edited by TheDarkHacker (see edit history)

i dont really get you guyz.............. which is actually the easiest? C#, C++, VB.NET, VB, PYTHON..... or what? i wanna know where i will start from that wont discourage me

The C++ syntax is very simple.Now i am programming in PHP.That is very simple languages without events,dlls etc. Normally if you are an advanced user you should learn how can PHP connect with other pages,text files,images,databases etc. But one simple user can use his first function for output

This is example which shows the PHP syntax similar to C++ and your first PHP function ECHO:

<?phpecho "Hello trap17.com;;?>
Every line should end with ";" to prevent from errors.Every script should start with "<?php" and end with "?>".Every text should start with " and every variable should start with "$".This example shows how to declare variable $trap and write the variable called trap.

<?php$trap=17;echo $trap;?>

Variable can be double,string,integer etc. This tutorial shows how you can echo more variables using "."

<?php$string="trap is very good.";$integer=17;echo $string.$integer;?>
I think this is the best tutorial for the beginners.Start learn PHP from http://www.w3schools.com/

He said he wants to learn computer programming like C#, C++, etc., not web programming (like PHP).

Two very different things.

To answer his last question, Basic is the easiest. And then VB, then C#, then C++, etc. but that's all based solely on their syntax.

It's all really up to the user. You may find that you can memorize a 10 digit number easier than 10 random letters. But someone else may find the opposite true. Therefore what is "easiest" for one person is not "easiest" for everyone.

I personally find C++ the easiest because I can comprehend what it's doing and why it's doing it.

Edited by rpgsearcherz (see edit history)

Thats really better, thanks a lot........i will start right away with Basic..... but if you have any links to online tutorials please lemme know

Thats really better, thanks a lot........
i will start right away with Basic..... but if you have any links to online tutorials please lemme know

I don't. I just buy books and take classes in school to learn what I can't figure out.

As for my own personal tutorials, they are being written in C++ since it's the more "accepted" method when it comes to companies/game programming/etc.

Python was what i started with... it seems a little more natural to pick up (to my reckoning anyway). C++ begins to become hard when you start looking at pointers/references. Java is excellent as it takes care of memory management and is stacked full of features.

I've heard a lot of good things about ruby, but personally i opted for python as my first language. It's really good for learning Object Oriented Programming as well. If learning basic doesn't seem to gel well for you damoon try python. You'll find learning material is really easy to find on the web for Python.

http://diveintopython.org/, https://python.swaroopch.com/

The second link is what i started with.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

He said he wants to learn computer programming like C#, C++, etc., not web programming (like PHP).

PHP is not limited to web development. It is mostly used for web development, yes, but it is not limited to it. While it may not have as much support as Python (and maybe even Ruby) for things like desktop applications, it is capable of competing with it (them) on many levels. However, i should mention that PHP 4 wasn't all that great for desktop applications (due to its lack of object-oriented programming support). But if we want to be literal (and pure) about the term "computer programming," then languages like C# and Java should be excluded along with scripting languages, as they are not as low level as C or C++ and they were most likely written in either C or C++. Languages like Java and C# compile to "byte code," not machine code, and they require a virtual machine (which is basically a fancy interpreter) in order to run. This allows them to "compile once, run everywhere." This is supposed to help make the program run more efficiently, too, but Java programs have always felt a bit sluggish for me (i haven't ran any C# programs, but given the kind of frameworks you have to download, i would expect similar).
But to address the topic at hand, every language has its ups and downs. While C++ may be derived from C, some do not recommend learning C++ after learning C. They say habits from C may creep in when working with C++ that would be better left out of your C++ program or library. I would personally pick C++ over C, especially after peeking through much C code, as i find C++ slightly more convenient. As for the easiest programming language, i don't know. But PHP has made it a lot easier to learn other languages, like Python, JavaScript and C++. PHP was easy to learn due to its awesome documentation and due to how widely used it is (i.e. its community support). Therefore, if we were to come up with a quick standard to help determine which is the easiest programming language to learn, you should go with one that has easy-to-understand documentation (if any), that has an easy-to-straightforward syntax and one that is popular enough to easily find support on.

From my experience, i will list a few things about the languages i've delt with. Starting with PHP, PHP has a simple syntax, though not entirely simple. Due to its documentation, it is easy to learn the language. However, because it is an easy-to-learn language, those with little to no computer science background can have a go at it and make programs, therefore having the ability of being not as efficient as it can be, insecure, and probably have bad or not-so-good logical structure. PHP is dynamically typed, therefore not requiring the programmer to specify the type of the variable. It also doesn't require the user to type cast one type to another, though that feature is available for rare cases. PHP also has its own garbage collector, therefore deleting objects or variables is practically unnecessary; however, there are functions, like unset, that allow you to do just that. Unfortunately, PHP didn't get decent support for object-oriented programming until PHP 5, and even then it could use a little more support. And that is one of the reasons why wasn't practically used for desktop applications.

Concerning Python, Python has a simple syntax; however, by "simple," in this case, i do not necessarily mean "easy to understand or learn." I mean it requires you to type less syntax-related symbols in order to perform the same task(s). Python, like PHP, is dynamically typed, in that you don't have to specify the type for the variable. However, unlike PHP, it does not do automatic type casting. If you want to convert an integer into a string, you'll have to use its built-in functions for that. Python is generally geared for object-oriented programming, but it is capable of achieving procedural programming. While Python's documentation is not as good as PHP's documentation, it is good enough to get you started and working with Python (though knowledge from other languages will make the process quicker). One unique thing about Python (or at least i think it is unique about it) is that Python keeps track of whitespace. Your whitespace has to be consistent throughout your program (script). You cannot mix spaces with tabs (except in certain, rare cases). If it is not consistent, then Python will throw out a syntax error. This part of Python can annoy people, but i personally like it, as it doesn't require me to insert curly brackets for every conditional and loop statements and doesn't require me to put "endif" or "endwhile", et cetera.

Ruby i have no experience in, but its syntax is similar to Python concerning its simplicity. There are some things i like about Ruby that i came across when checking it out. For one, you can use exclamation points and question marks for function names. I forget the reason for this, but all i can remember is that it is a feature that i've wanted to see in other languages, to reduce redundancy concerning function or method names. Another thing i liked about it is that you can reopen a class after declaring it. Python can do similar, but you have to mess around with the object's built-in dictionary. I don't have any experience with Ruby, but from what i've seen, the only "cons" i can point out is that some of the convenient aspects of the syntax is a bit too odd for newbies, but i'm sure you'll just get used to it. Also, although you don't need curly brackets, as with PHP's shorthanded statements, you need to end things with "endif", et cetera.

With Java, i don't have any experience with it (other than perhaps what normal end-users have), but the syntax is similar to C++ and you import libraries in a similar fashion as you do in Python. Like most scripting languages, Java also has a garbage collector. Java is not dynamically typed like most scripting languages, though i wouldn't necessarily call Java a scripting language.

And for any language made by Microsoft, i would mark it as more difficult to learn than all the other languages mentioned here, mostly due to its syntax, though; though i have no experience with them. I remember seeing a Wikipedia article that showed a list of programming languages and code it required to write a simple "Hello World" program/script, but i can't seem to find it right now.