xisto Community
phpphp

Google Vs Facebook different translation methods

Google and Facebook are two major companies which are translating material into different language with their own way. Google is translating through computer and facebook by human. Facebook with the help of volunteers and few professional translating site into more than 70 languages.?Now it has become challenge between human vs robot. which is best??facebook is facing problem due to lack of volunteer who can spend their time to help facebook but Google best translation would depend on methods used to translate!

I think google will win the race as the translations are being done through computers which no doubt are much much faster than humans. Also, facebook is currently running out of manpower as you have mentioned. So, the number of translations being done by google will be more than the translations done by facebook. But, once facebook get a good manpower then I believe they will be able to defeat google translations.Although, the quality of translation will be more in the translations done by facebook because humans are much more smarter than computers and so called robots.

It's pretty obvious robot will win. Who doesn't want automated process? It saves time, manpower and money. Humans may make errors in translating, a good program will always produce the same output. If you trust on the translating capability of Google, there isn't a need for human translation.I prefer Facebook to adopt Google Translate as their main translating engine as it save alot of resources and will provide their users a better and faster user environment. We shall wait and see if Facebook will collaborate with Google, which now we see as an impossible ending.

Google is much bigger and all servises are working with scripts and without humans.Google is powered by Perl...Normally that better translation will have Facebook but i think Google is better because you can get result for seconds.Other thing is that Google can translate website that is another plus for Google.Normally that script can't learn grammar so you can see very funny things in translation...For example:great on macedonian=голем(big)great on macedonian=одличнo(great,fantastic)"That is great" will be translated on macedonian to "That is big" (Тоа е големо)But still i choose GOOGLE

Google and Facebook are two major companies which are translating material into different language with their own way. Google is translating through computer and facebook by human. Facebook with the help of volunteers and few professional translating site into more than 70 languages.
Now it has become challenge between human vs robot. which is best?

facebook is facing problem due to lack of volunteer who can spend their time to help facebook but Google best translation would depend on methods used to translate!

Dear friends I have used google translation for translating from english to hindi but never got a perfect hindi translation always I have to edit atleast a bit to get a proper translation. Even though it is a good help for our pages to be translated quick. I don't know about face book or its services. But if humans are translating and if they are having good knowledge of the particular laguage then what I think is that it will be perfect than that what we receive from a computer.

In terms of quality, Google (automated) wins. But in terms of accuracy, I will go for Facebook (manual). Some sentences, translator (robot) cant fully give an accurate of the gist. In such case, human translator will do a better job, and also to add human touch to it.

Google and Facebook are two major companies which are translating material into different language with their own way. Google is translating through computer and facebook by human. Facebook with the help of volunteers and few professional translating site into more than 70 languages. 
Now it has become challenge between human vs robot. which is best? 

facebook is facing problem due to lack of volunteer who can spend their time to help facebook but Google best translation would depend on methods used to translate!

Quality of Facebook would probably be better. With the translating robot there are so many issues. In most languages there aren't "direct translations" available from one thing to another. For example, in Spanish to English saying "I'm 20" would be "I have 20 years." Two very different statements and they could also be interepreted differently as well.

well i still go for human translation because of it's accuracy and you don't know maybe those robots will come to an errorright? computers having errors not sometimes but often that's why there are technicals :P when it happensand human wasn't having error.. only Tired

human translation may be more accurate, but the automated translation is good enough to understand. i don't know why volunteers would waste their time. everything will be automated in the future. still today, translators make a lot of money when they are able to speak more than one language....but with the future of automation, jobs will be lost in this industry.

I guess facebook translations are more accurate and can be customized by human brain, while Googe translations are very quite difficult to come out efficiently because a language can differ and change through. I have some experience with google translate and I am apart satisfied with them. They recently improved, but still they need much more work..

I think that the race is long and in the end facebook wins ofcourse. Computer would be translating each thing through fixed words conversions and if they totally rely on those machines i don't think they would be re checking each matter translated. But then use of computer is justified for them as they have far more pages than facebook. They have the whole internet. While facebook is mere part of it.Facebook is also used by people for personalised messages which may not follow spell or grammar, this is where humans score and not google. Its also that facebook stores personal details and if they are translated by computer then they are being stored some where and i am sure those people is USA would be getting quite fussy about that therefore manual reading by a person works there.(I myself don't know the logic)

Computer's are overtaking the world as we know it, a lot of things we do know can be done using technology and computer's, so I would say that Google will win the race.

Yes but they should make translating better,machine isn't that much smart,because we are programming it.For maybe 100 years i think machines will start thinking better then human and may,they will start war with us,like in movies :P Google is using old software machine to get results and there are other website like Google Translate,with the same words (normally that on Google users can contribute translations-it's not completly the same) which are translating.But me too,i said,Google wins... Edited by TheDarkHacker (see edit history)

I would say that Google is better then Facebook. Look at all the things that Google has created, while Facebook is only one site. Google also owns Youtube which is by far the #1 video site on the web. Don't get me wrong, Facebook is awesome (whatever company owns them is too) but you cannot really compare them to the big dogs Google, just yet :P