xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkHacker

How To Change Your Windows Xp Style

I know you are bored from the old old Windows XP theme.In this tutorial you will learn how to use program called Styler.

First you need to download it from some website,i am giving you this link

crystalxp.net/galerie/en.id.551-styler-1-401.html
Then you need to right-click on the taskbar of your XP and press Properties>Customize

Find Styler and choose Always hide.Then click on the arrow near the computer clock and find the icon of the Styler,then press it!Now choose theme you want to add and you are finished!!!

CrystalXP ? Why not try program called StylesXP. It allows you change visual styles of windows xp. It is not freeware. Though it is cheap and comes up with many visual styles pre-installed. Also it let's you make toolbar, menu transparent. It also adds more screensavers on system. But again it comes with price. I think it's reasonable but your choice. So you can try alternative as theme patcher. Theme patcher is free of cost. and it patches the uxtheme.dll which is required to change the visual styles. You can try searching for google " UXtheme patcher". Or you can try this link. There are separate theme patchers for SP2,SP1 and SP3. so check which version of windows you're running. and download the respective patcher.

CrystalXP ? Why not try program called StylesXP. It allows you change visual styles of windows xp. It is not freeware. Though it is cheap and comes up with many visual styles pre-installed. Also it let's you make toolbar, menu transparent. It also adds more screensavers on system. But again it comes with price. I think it's reasonable but your choice. So you can try alternative as theme patcher. Theme patcher is free of cost. and it patches the uxtheme.dll which is required to change the visual styles. You can try searching for google " UXtheme patcher". Or you can try this link. There are separate theme patchers for SP2,SP1 and SP3. so check which version of windows you're running. and download the respective patcher.

Hmm is that legal?!I think it is not legal to patch windows files to get some themes working...OK this is just because i am not sure that you are allowed to post illegal contents like hacking/patching/cracking windows dll files.Sorry if i am wrong but patching it's the same like hacking and cracking system files.Plus if you destroy system file only the Windows CD can help you.

It is perfectly legal to patch uxtheme.dll. In fact many software companies ask for this. For example, stylexp company, they ask you to download uxtheme patcher if you buy their themes but you didn't purchased their software. This is not illegal. And biggest misconception is it's crack. It is not at all cracking. This patch is just workaround as microsoft didn't came up with solution. If it were to be illegal then plenty of winsock pathers are supposed to be illegal as well.

It is perfectly legal to patch uxtheme.dll. In fact many software companies ask for this. For example, stylexp company, they ask you to download uxtheme patcher if you buy their themes but you didn't purchased their software. This is not illegal. And biggest misconception is it's crack. It is not at all cracking. This patch is just workaround as microsoft didn't came up with solution. If it were to be illegal then plenty of winsock pathers are supposed to be illegal as well.

OK,thanks that is good reply.To be honest i have patched uxtheme.dll :P and i know what is DLL.But for saying that patching Windows file is not cracking you aren't right.That is good information but how you can say that Microsoft,that much big company didn't came up with solution but group of programmers find the way that Microsoft can't :P .Sorry if i am wrong but i think everything in the WINDOWS directory is not for patching or hacking or something else.But is not possible that much companies to be illegal because they want you to patch uxtheme so you need to be right...