xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
livepcportal

Is My First Website Template Good? Finally a newbie made a good template

Hi guys! Finally after spending a lot of hours on computer I made a good template at least in my opinion. I have started designing it last year but stopped in between due to lack of time but few months ago I again started designing it and have just completed it yesterday. And, hopefully by the end of this week will launch my first ever website...really excited about that. I have tried my best to make the design look more professional, attractive and of course user friendly. I have used different shades of black and of course blue on my design and the reason behind this is that these are my favorite colors. I have applied styles that are only gonna visible when viewing in a browser. So, the design is not as simple as it looks in images. When I started designing it I was having knowledge of HTML only, but on my way of making the design I learned a lot. I learn CSS and DHTML. I am learning PHP also and hopefully will also learn it after few months.But, before I launch my site I just wanna know few quick suggestions about the design. Is there any place of improvement in the design? Please give your valuable opinion because it does matter for this newbie and his first website template.

Not bad for a first template. I can see that you wanted to make it a not so graphics heavy template. Next time I'd suggest using some more advanced graphics (Photoshop can make some great ones if you can get a good tutorial) especially for buttons. For a fast website, that template is great!

That really doesn't look to bad, although a big question here is whether you are running it as a CMS (custom or whatever is irrelevant) or if you are going to run it as a flat-file system.

As a first ever design, you fare well. Very light on graphics, good for loading but a tad too boring. But fret not, as you go along, you will keep improving.

A tad too boring! Can anyone tell me how I can improve it and make it exciting? I have used everything I know in making this template and now really running out of ideas. So, if possible give me some ideas.Now what I think is that the banner needs to be improved little bit, but, really I don't know what else I can do to improve it. Except for that double y, the whole things look really simple. What do you think? Edited by livepcportal (see edit history)