xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
donneo

Microsoft Antivirus ?

Microsoft a few months went public beta version of their Security Essentials software, and now finally out and the official version can be downloaded from the official website of the company. This is a free tool for protection against Trojans, viruses, spywarea and rootkits, and after a series of tests, PC World magazine gave good grades for Security Essentials. Given that software is free, it is likely to become especially popular among users. The program's interface is fairly simple. The program works "unremarkable in the background, and users receive notification only if you need to take some action. Currently available versions of Windows XP, Vista and weeks.

PC World magazine gave good grades for Security Essentials

This is a company that, when you buy a new pc, almost threatens you into buying security software.. Not to mention PC World and microsoft share the same bed... But i digress...

As its a free app i would be tempted to try it, only i have better stuff for free anyway (Comodo and Avast) but if you currently have no security software and not enough knowledge to find and configure an alternative then I'd say its suitable, but if you have tech know-how you'd be better off going with a more configurable option.

i will e trying that later because it's free but i don't know what was the performance of this security essentialsi have no clue in their advertisements they said that it was great than other security,,, but let me test it if theyare saying the truth.. but i won't uninstall avira because it's a great anti virus :P