xisto Community
donneo

Youtube & Warner

YouTube and Warner agreed to put music videos on popular video service, according to world media. Late last year, Warner has decided to pull all the videos for which owned the rights YouTube, hoping to achieve more favorable conditions for the contract. Negotiations between the two companies launched this summer, and after the agreement is finalized, Warner will give the green light to place videos of their artists on YouTube. Financial details of the agreement are not known, but both parties involved refuse to comment on such reports. Record labels EMI Music, Sony Music Entertainment and Universal Music Group have already announced their agreements with YouTube.

This is a good news for every music video lovers! From what I read from the papers it was said that Warner agrees to the deal of being able to gain more revenues from the advertising of the videos but they have to find their own source of advertising or something. Couldn't remember the entire news, but it seems that Warner said they couldn't cover back the expense of the artist and other cost with those previous advertising revenue with youtube that cause the pull out of the videos.

Not a bad deal. But how they're going to earn ? Besides keeping videos on youtube will increase more leechers to music. Many people copy HD videos from youtube and remove music out of it. Then save and distribute it in mp3/mp4 format. Latest music video addition on video could increase such piracy. And another take on this is that if such piracy is not possible. Then there will not be much traffic on youtube as well. I think they'll get more advertisers. Advertisers is the only way to generate revenue. If they failed to generate revenue then warner will definitely back out. Google knows how to make money from advertisers it's not that easy for warner.

I can't wait for this to be added. I was really pissed when a music video that had my link in it was taken down (it had 30,000+ hits). I never claimed it as my own, I just uploaded it because nobody else had. This will be a win-win for both parties as well, since YouTube will get more hits, and Warner will get money out of it.

Not a bad deal. But how they're going to earn ? Besides keeping videos on youtube will increase more leechers to music. Many people copy HD videos from youtube and remove music out of it. Then save and distribute it in mp3/mp4 format. Latest music video addition on video could increase such piracy. And another take on this is that if such piracy is not possible. Then there will not be much traffic on youtube as well. I think they'll get more advertisers. Advertisers is the only way to generate revenue. If they failed to generate revenue then warner will definitely back out. Google knows how to make money from advertisers it's not that easy for warner.

yeah besides downloading videos on youtube was so easy because of youtube downloader so expect the piracy