xisto Community
donneo

Facebook 300 Milion Users Wooow

Facebook just two months that number had exceeded 250 million users. Similar notification arrived this week - the popular social service now has 300 million users. Besides the rapid increase of users, Facebook in the past quarter became profitable. Although the value of the service is estimated at several billion dollars, according to previous announcements on Facebook expect to begin to earn even next year. By raising the Facebook passed five years ago, but the service will now be among the most popular websites like Yahoo and Google.

That sure is an interesting figure, but what Facebook won't tell you is that almost half of those users have stopped using their accounts long ago. Most people have found out that using Facebook is a risky business so they left - but still FB counts them as well in their statistics. I guess the number of active users will be a lot less than 200 million - that's a far guess but I think that's true....

Facebook definitely change the way a company does its marketing work and for sure, life is never gonna be the same after it. In fact, FB and twitter is now a key tools for company. Many are going that way in order to attract users.

no wonder... because people love very much those social networking sites but they don't know they have been tricked ahathe ads :P well if facebook will share his earnings into his member and let them earn by doing anything well facebook will becomegreat.. :P i am a user of facebook but i only use to chat,play games there

I agree with a previous post saying 300 million users doesn't mean 300 million *active* users. Although 300 million is still quite a few.I am also willing to bet that includes all of the spammer accounts.

Well, even if there's not 300 million active users, I guess the amount of hits per day on the site or the number of unique visitor per day is strong enough to statistically show how popular facebook is. Being rank with the top websites in the world like yahoo and google is a terrific feat and you must congrat facebook on doing that in just 5 years since their publication.

300 million ? And how many are active users ?. How many used multiple accounts ? How many fake accounts are there ? How many business account are there ? How many PTC accounts are there ?. If they start evaluating all this then that figure of 300 million will drop instantly. Orkut which is also social network like facebook have many active accounts like facebook. But if google starts to count accounts in orkut then this will surely exceed the number of facebook. There are lot of spammers and fake profiles on orkut. And most of the accounts on orkut are these days monitored by google. In order to avoid spam. Just imagine spam on orkut exceeds the online user activity. So if orkut starts to compare with facebook. This 300 million user account number means nothing unless they show that all are genuine accounts.

does anyone know how do they get their revenue?

Facebook earn revenue from advertise. They show ads on user profiles. They scan user profiles and select the ad that suits profile. It is indeed privacy breaching. But they use this model to earn money. Other than that they also use facebook app feature to bring more software developer and services on facebook. Based on app's usage they charge fees. There are free queries to facebook API upto certain extent after that they charge. So like this there are multiple revenue streams they have.

Pfft at this social site... I personally hate Facebook and am one of those who'd wish Facebook as never created! My Dad plays FaceBook | Mob Wars 24/7, day after day. As soon as he gets up at 4:00 for work, he's on it till 4:40. As soon as he gets BACK from work, he's on it till 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM... And he gets back from work at like 4:30'ish to 5:00. He never wants to play Counter-Strike: Source with me anymore. It just annoy's me so much. My brother (Dan) he always keeps nagging me.. "Can I check my facebook for 15 minutes" "can i check my facebook init" WTF is this kind of language??!?!!? I hate chav's too... :P

I don't have a facebook account and never really liked those kind of sites, there are lots of simmilar pages liek that for different countries, the only thing about faebook is that it's global, sometimes you can find "friends" outside your country or not friends, but rather relatives. :PI have an orkut account, but I login there once a year..

OH OH OH OH :):P :P The Facebook?s administration maybe is presumming the they have 300 million users but I can bet that neither the half are active. Facebook is good, fun; but there are a lot of people like me that hate the social networks. They are only a waste of time. I was signed up in Hi5.com and that was a BOOM in Honduras and Central America but now, yeah you can guess, Nobody use Hi5.com anymore. Everybody change to Facebook because the history was running all the corners: "Facebook is the fashion social network". The social networks business is fat, I know, but not so fat like Facebook says. I can open a account today and never return to my account. They have to say the truth: How many active users have Facebook? That is the question. If someone in this forum waste hours with Facebook I would surprised. If we talk about free web hosting and don?t believe someone in Xisto waste the time meeting people in Facebook. I recommend open a account in Twitter to learn how can you increase your traffic using the Twitter?s social network.See ya.