xisto Community
Binod Singh

Lan Chatting LAN chatting

I have installed Borgchat freeware software available on internet. It works remarkably very well. By using this I can chat across LAN, send messages on Board, and even send & receive files. It also shows the status of user when they becomes available or away, joined or left the network.I have also tried NetMsg LAN chatting freeware software but in my experience it is not better than Borgchat.Does anyone know any better LAN chatting freeware software. In all the above mentioned Software, one has to install the software on each of the computer. Does any software exists through which I can send message to each of the user without installing it on other computer?

I have installed Borgchat freeware software available on internet. It works remarkably very well. By using this I can chat across LAN, send messages on Board, and even send & receive files. It also shows the status of user when they becomes available or away, joined or left the network.

I have also tried NetMsg LAN chatting freeware software but in my experience it is not better than Borgchat.

Does anyone know any better LAN chatting freeware software.

In all the above mentioned Software, one has to install the software on each of the computer. Does any software exists through which I can send message to each of the user without installing it on other computer?

48125[/snapback]

there is some hack tools that can do that, but if you try to use them on windows xp with sp2 installed and firewall enabled that will probably don't work. for older win98 & 98se probably works too.. I will dig out some of that kind programs and put them on download somewhere if you like... But most of that programs are illegal to use on public lan networks like schools or colledge networks... :D so be careful..

Yea, but they're illegal.

48303[/snapback]

well, probably yes, but actualy many of that kind programs are freeware, as made by crazy hackers, so they are not stolen or something to be illegal to use, it's just if you use it on public lan networks may be illegal, on the other side, if you OWN an lan network at your home, or you make one with your friends, there is nothing to stop you for using programs like that. :D

correct me if im wrong

I like to use NetSend in command prompt, to send messages over the network at school..........Some retard said **** you ***** and he didnt know what he was doing........... he sent it to every comp in the district which is like our school K-12 plus about 6 other satellite schools.