xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
phpphp

Bill Gates: Biggest Loser :-) 7 billion loss :O

The combined net assets of the super-rich on Forbes annual list of 400 richest Americans fell 300 billion U.S. dollars over the past 12 months, shares in the technology sector spill red ink.

From the 400 richest Americans, collectively loss 300 billion US dollars, Microsft Bill Gates lost the most. The net value of its assets fell from $57 billon to $50 billion U.s Dollar. Other two Microsoties close behind are Paul Allen dropped $4.5 billion and Steve Ballmer loss $1.7. So Bill Gates is the biggest loser in this list...

Below: The 12 richest tech moguls and their change in net worth. One actually got richer. Can you guess who?

No. 1. Bill Gates, Microsoft (MSFT): $50 billion, down $7 billion

No. 3 Larry Ellison, Oracle (ORCL): $27 billion, no change

No. 11 Sergey Brin, Google (GOOG): $15.3 billion, down $600 million

No. 11 Larry Page, Google: $15.3 billion, down $500 million

No. 13 Michael Dell, Dell (DELL): $14.5 billion, down $2.8 billion

No. 14 Steve Ballmer, Microsoft: $13.3 billion, down $1.7 billion

No. 17 Paul Allen, Microsoft: $11.5 billion, down $4.5 billion

No. 28 Jeff Bezos, Amazon (AMZN): $8.8 billion, up $100 million

No. 33 James Goodnight, SAS Institute: $6.8 billion, down $1.9 billion

No. 40 Pierre Omidyar, eBay (EBAY): $5.5 billion, down $800 million

No. 40 Eric Schmidt, Google: $5.5 billion, down $400 million

No. 43 Steve Jobs, Apple, Pixar (AAPL): $5.1 billion, down $600 million

A loss of $7 billion eh?That's too bad for good ol' Bill but I don't think it will affect him in any big way. He still has all those dollars stacked up and so not too much of a loss for him!

Yeah, well, I agree... but I really didn't know that Bill Gates was the richest man in the world. But now I do. I'm slow, aren't I? But anyway... Wow... $50 billion is a lot on money. And A loss of $7 billion isn't a lot, if you consider him with is investment properties, stock market shares, and investment periods at the bank, really, he'll get his money back in no time... :PBut then, I mean, he doesn't even have to use his money any more. No, a better phrase to the previous sentence would be... he already has all the money that he needs for the rest of his life. Why bother working? Even if he doesn't have any investments in properties, rent profit from his properties, share market shares and so on, he'd still again a mighty lot on interest from the bank if he just left it there, so I mean, why bother working if you've got so much money already?He should give lots of his money to beggars on the streets or donate it to charity like the Salvation Army or some other organization. Or just sell his company for a cheap price. :P But to who?

You can't expect someone like Bill Gates to be content with his money or spend it all on charity - of course he's doing a bit of good work now-a-days but he could certainly do more. All the time he has headache about Microsoft, even though he has officially left it - always on the urge of earning more and more money, looting more and more people by selling them weak software at high prices - that's what Microsoft is famous for :P

Anyway back to the topic - Mr.Gates still has a lot of money to waste so I think he won't be too bothered by this "loss" fact.

i thought bill gates is not on the top now? i thought there is someone who was richer than bill gates..i just forget the name of that guy...bill gates is in times of recession aha but he has a lot of money huh..

Oh maybe there are some misunderstanding because when you said that he lost $7 billion there are some tricks, so let me tell you. If I have a business that make me $1 million a year and one year for some circunstances my earnings only were $300.000 I can talk about a lost but I really dont lose any money what happen was that I didn?t earn the same amount like last year. When you hear that bill gates lost $7 billion he really dont lost all that amount he only suffered a down in his particular earnings in this year. You understand? One thing is loss earnings and other a lot to different is lost own capital and maybe the best example can give it to you some german businessman that invested the half of all his money in auctions in the porshe company and when the porsche fusionated his company with other company he lost all his money and he jump in the train ways. He killed himself. Do you think that Bill Gates will kill himself? Of course not because he knows everything about the truth in the business and maybe he is laughing of you that think he lost $7 billion when he really made billions last year... Dont believe everything that Forbes tell you...You run the risk to be an ignorant....

Oh maybe there are some misunderstanding because when you said that he lost $7 billion there are some tricks, so let me tell you. If I have a business that make me $1 million a year and one year for some circunstances my earnings only were $300.000 I can talk about a lost but I really dont lose any money what happen was that I didn?t earn the same amount like last year. When you hear that bill gates lost $7 billion he really dont lost all that amount he only suffered a down in his particular earnings in this year. You understand? One thing is loss earnings and other a lot to different is lost own capital and maybe the best example can give it to you some german businessman that invested the half of all his money in auctions in the porshe company and when the porsche fusionated his company with other company he lost all his money and he jump in the train ways. He killed himself. Do you think that Bill Gates will kill himself? Of course not because he knows everything about the truth in the business and maybe he is laughing of you that think he lost $7 billion when he really made billions last year... Dont believe everything that Forbes tell you...You run the risk to be an ignorant....

That would make sense because I can not imagine that Bill Gates actually took a loss in Microsoft. If he did take a loss I would believe it was because he has been donating a lot to charity lately. As for Microsoft, they probably will continue to make money despite people disliking it more and more. Windows 7 just came out and if successful will probably make quite a bit for Microsoft. I think as long as Microsoft continues to come out with new software for the computer and video gaming systems (Xbox) then Bill Gates will continue to make money.

Bil Gates wasn't the richest person in world.But i don't know how that much faster he changes his position in the richest people list...One time he is the winner,one time not.That needs to say that you are right,that Bill Gates is looser.Sometime he get money,sometime no but that is true-budget is not always the same :)

I wouldn't believe the Forbes article fully anyway. The only ones whowould have a clear view of Gates assets, would be his accountants,and let nobody else tell you otherwise, including the I.R.S.I'm sure that there are also a lot of hidden valuable entities when you are that big of an operation anyway.I doubt if Bill Gates is worried one bit.