xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
phpphp

Free Security (microsoft's Security Essentials) Release Now beta has removed

Now Microsoft has release free security named Microsoft security Essentials which provides basic protection against viruses, trojans, rootkits and spywares. By doing this Microsoft has started its own brand free security package. It is not part of microsoft automatic updates etc but you have to downlaod it if you wnat to use it. Furuther updates will be done automatically.

Anything from microsoft is secure ? No doubt, the MSE will have it's own security patches and bugs. Almost any product of MS comes with critical security flaws these days. Take any software like IE8, Word 2007 and more you'll find those products have their own security issue. Microsoft is just patching them every quarter.I would like to test it though. Not sure if this product in future will run on windows xp. After 2010, releases will be only for vista and future editions of windows. And i heard rumor that this antivirus is as good as AVG free edition which was distributed for free earlier. There was also antispyware project from microsoft, but no idea what happened to that. Maybe they'll merge these two projects together.

Anything from microsoft is secure ? No doubt, the MSE will have it's own security patches and bugs. Almost any product of MS comes with critical security flaws these days. Take any software like IE8, Word 2007 and more you'll find those products have their own security issue. Microsoft is just patching them every quarter.
I would like to test it though. Not sure if this product in future will run on windows xp. After 2010, releases will be only for vista and future editions of windows. And i heard rumor that this antivirus is as good as AVG free edition which was distributed for free earlier. There was also antispyware project from microsoft, but no idea what happened to that. Maybe they'll merge these two projects together.

i don't think so.. maybe all programs in the future will not work on xp since windows 7 was release and many people today
was using vista and others upgrading to windows 7 but i am on xp and i am not feeling that i need to upgrade because
i still love xp but maybe in future i will be.. but not now and i am happy with the latest of ubuntu :P

Well it sure is a welcome change to see something come "Free" from the Microsoft stable. The question is whether or not it'll be effective. I seriously doubt the stability of this program and its capabilities too. There are so many flaws in the Windows OS - what's the guarantee that this program itself won't have one?!! I'm waiting for some reviews of this package before trying it out myself.