xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stopthewarm

Why People Upload Other Peoples Video At Youtube?

I am a frequent visitor to youtube nowadays. Mostly i am searching for acoustic covers or maybe songs with lyrics. I find plenty of these. I find many songs uploaded. And from users that don't even own it. My question is why do people upload music that they don't even own. What is the profit or help from that. Why do multiple videos of same songs come up time ot time with lyrics. Why will anyone waste time and upload something to the net which is not even his and which is already on the net. I find so many videos on youtube. Well while pondering on this subject myself i thought about something. Is there any way people make money out the videos they upload to youtube. I mean there must be some materialistic output to their so called karma job :PI am aware that people use it spread awareness about websites and products but any other way? Some more better way.I surely think that something like this exists and that is the sole reason that some many videos are uploaded to youtube.Please spread your light on the topics. I may be wrong in a point or two. Don't get offended.

Well most people re-upload popular videos with the hope of earning money through adsense. Apart from that, they get a lot of profile views and that's another advantage. That's why you get to see a lot of similar videos for a particular search term. You Tube can't really control this type of behaviour because of its sheer size, so you just have to live on with it! People will never realize that they are robbing others of their credit for the work they've done :P

There are many reason. Some for money as described by H.O.D but many do this to collect nice videos and spread the word of that person. like many religous videos are spread here and there. similarly pranks etc.

Well most people re-upload popular videos with the hope of earning money through adsense. Apart from that, they get a lot of profile views and that's another advantage. That's why you get to see a lot of similar videos for a particular search term. You Tube can't really control this type of behaviour because of its sheer size, so you just have to live on with it! People will never realize that they are robbing others of their credit for the work they've done :P

Do they really get adsense views for in youtube? Like then that is a huge a potential . I have seen videos with some many views all above 1million and they are not even owned by the uploaders! I don't believe youtube has any kind of ad sharing program or so. I know about metacafe that they have producer rewards but then that is also for original videos and it is based on page views. Some 100$ for 20k views maybe. I am not sure. I think it is less. Well that doesnt matter. Does youtube really have this program. Please tell

I don't see any problem people uploading others videos on youtube. Only thingthat is objectionable is copyright. And that way it could hurt many people and industry if people steal and post videos on youtube. But mostly people do that to let have fun with it. No financial interests. Some do earn money with adsense if it's hosted on youtube. While some earn money from CPM ads if it's posted on other sites or their own site. When sharing videos is not bad ? This question is worth having debate for. There are plenty of good humor videos which are worth to share. There are plenty of videos which are not available on internet and could be helpful for few people. Be it music video, instructional video or small pieces of movie. It helps others when they're looking for video content. It's just that when they share it they need to give credit to creator of video and people in video. Also while sharing shouldn't expect financial interest from it. Cause it is stealing at first place. And earning from stolen thing is bad and worth punishment from law. It's all about playing safe. I don't mind if people share stuff for fun, to help others etc.

there's no problem in uploading other people's video.. as long as he/she give credits to whom who owned the videoand besides hmm youtube has now adsense that's why many people's are attracted in uploading good videos and copying videosbut don't abuse the ownership of the real one who created or capture the video :P

The only videos that I upload that aren't mine (which are nearly all of my videos) are interviews, music videos or concert footage. Most of the time the people that record such things don't even have the copyright for it (the band owns any video of them live), so unless the band doesn't allow it, I can upload it.

I am a frequent visitor to youtube nowadays. Mostly i am searching for acoustic covers or maybe songs with lyrics. I find plenty of these. I find many songs uploaded. And from users that don't even own it. My question is why do people upload music that they don't even own. What is the profit or help from that. Why do multiple videos of same songs come up time ot time with lyrics. Why will anyone waste time and upload something to the net which is not even his and which is already on the net. I find so many videos on youtube.
Well while pondering on this subject myself i thought about something. Is there any way people make money out the videos they upload to youtube. I mean there must be some materialistic output to their so called karma job :P
I am aware that people use it spread awareness about websites and products but any other way? Some more better way.
I surely think that something like this exists and that is the sole reason that some many videos are uploaded to youtube.

Please spread your light on the topics. I may be wrong in a point or two. Don't get offended.

Even I have thought that many a times ending with no fruitfull results. But that is it like it is.