xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
phpphp

What Heppend To Demonoid? will it ever come back?

the website is down from a long times and there is maintenance message. anybody know inside story. Will they come back? or will remain down as they did before?

If there is a message that mean what is there is ment.Websites like these are not up for discussion here.

okay got it, was just curious if someone know more about it?

Seems to be a data loss and they did not have a backup, I'm missing it too

That is very correct, 'The Back up Guy' Does not have an up-to-date backup of Demonoid for some weird reason. I think they will open up sign ups for a month for all the lost accounts etc. I think that would be fair :P. I think my account is not included as I have been signed up for ages.

The tracker has been on and off for a while, but currently it is up. Of course you can't download any torrents or upload any, but you can make do with what you already have downloaded. I have been working on the same torrent for about 2 weeks now, since it downloads so slowly. And for those who are wondering, it is completely legal, a live recording of a Disturbed show.This shows how important it is to keep an up to date back up, especially if your site is big.

Maintenance
We will be back as soon as possible, but this will probably be a prolonged downtime.
Thank you for your patience

September 26

Status

The site will return as soon as possible, but there was a problem that caused data loss and the person who can help us get the data back is not able to help at this moment. The site will return when we can get his help

A loss of a some months worth of activity including registered users and torrent submissions is to be expected because the backup we are hoping to get back is not up to date, so please be prepared for it

That's all I can see. :P I hope they get back up soon, I've been using Demonoid for a while, and starting to miss it. :P This is why you should make recent backups! :) I suffered this issue when I deleted the whole public_html and blamed it on Ash-Bash when he had FTP. :):P

I fail to see why people are so let down when sites like pirate bay and demonoid go through tough times. I know users are attached and loyal to such sites, but is that the end of the road? They're forgetting the world's largest piracy site -GOOGLE! just a few search terms and you can get whatever you want, right? :P It's no use trying to stop people from illegally downloading media from the net, so at least let's try to cheer them up - what if demonoid's down - you still have google, cheer up!!!! :P

Yes some material is only available on select sites and people who are after that material will feel the loss if the site goes down. But these days a lot of material available in torrents is also available on file hosting networks and there are lot of people using this technique which is easier because you don't have to upload anything. If that material is not available even in this method, then that material must be really rare/precious and only a select group of people might be after it - so to cut long things short, except for a bunch of people, not many are going to miss demonoid

demonoidsWhat Heppend To Demonoid?

I live in thailand and deonoids is the only torrents site that isĀ not url blocked by thai authoritiesĀ 

-reply by thechats