xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darkmeca

Rome: Total War

has anyone tried rome total war?? well if not and you like stragety games you should definatly get this. well i just bout it couple of days ago but i got so addicted to it. the building of the empire takes awhile but the battles are great you can have the biggest armies and battle them against your enimies. the battle sences look pretty realistic. well tell me what you guys think about it if you've played it.

Personally I cannot understand the attraction to these topdown/third person/stategy games. Takes too long to set up, takes months to put a good campaign together... And your troops; they NEVER listen! BBC had a mildly interesting program in which they pitted families as generals against the computer, recreating ancient battles. I think they used this program, or something similar. Give me a firstperson shooter anyday...

haha i think thats the fun of it the fact that it takes that long and finally you release hell upon your enemy. but i like games that takes awhile because i get bored of shooting someone for hours on end and its almost the same with different movements...its not that i dont like it, just gets boring... thats why i like stragety games.

ive had this game since it came out in november, a truly awe-inspiring game tbh, the fact you can command a virtual army equivalent to some of the armys that fought some of the most famous battles is truly great. i love Castle sieges, it is probably the best type of battle you can do. It takes good tactics to overcome the assault and it is really fun :D i would recommend this game to anyone.

well i can understand that it does take some patients to control your army but its like real war you cant always be so sure that your army will follow your every order the way you wish but many part of the game is very realistic and i enjoy it but i would have liked it alot more if it was based on the medevial times, i do not really like the whole roman army theme but its just such a incredible game. oh by the way i think there is one of medival times its just a very old version of it so i dont recommend it unlike rome total war.