xisto Community
Nameless_

Is It Just Me Or Does Trap17 Has A Very Crappy Login Script Or System... That constantly requires you to log in after you have just done so a f

Hi people, I will try and make this thread as polite as possible, but I won't hide the fact that I am incredibly and very, very annoyed at the Xisto's forum's log in script system...

(Or maybe it's just me, I'm feeling very annoyed today... :lol::P)

Or maybe it's just my computer.

But whenever I log in to Xisto, I would be require to log in again, sometimes straight after, sometimes during a post, and more often than not I would lose the entire post that I would be posting on and will be required to write everything again, and it was alright until the last time when I was replying to the "What typing speed to you have in WPM?" thread, and because I actually took time to do the tests and stuff, and I lost all the information there that I think that it is just too much and that I should make a proper thread on this.

This would usually happen.... I would log in to Xisto, and reply to a few posts, and in the middle of one, a rand-

And there it goes again. I'll put a screen shot up:

Anyway, continuing my sentence after I have just logged in:

his would usually happen.... I would log in to Xisto, and reply to a few posts, and in the middle of one, a random pop out box will shout and go "You do not have permission to use the Shoutbox."

And if would be my notification that I would be logged out of the system for some unknown reason, and that I would be required to log in again. And if won't be from inactivity!!! Because I'm still typing my post and it would pop out in the middle!!! And this post isn't even considered to be long at all... so I'm less than 5 mins from my last click on the forums...

And sometimes I will have to do that right after I just logged in.

Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem too?

Because it is seriously getting on my nerves and that is the main reason why my posts get shorter and shorter now because I just couldn't be bother retyping the whole thing word by word and stuff, leaving me less chance to earn myCENTS...

Or is this just some "evil" plan that Opaque had put up to reduce the distribution of myCENTS?

(Not that I'm blaming Opaque for anything, just mere speculation... :( )

But anyway, I think this has to stop like, right here, and right now... :( I hate this.

A lot... :( :( :(

OK, I don't know if it's just me or if the world against me today (it certainly feels like it), but the screenshot's not working. I'll try again:

Posted Image

If it still doesn't work then I'll wait for a reply before trying again.

I used to have this problem with Trap. In fact I think one of my first posts on here was complaining that I had to log in repeatedly. For some reason, I haven't been bothered by that for a long time. Maybe I just got used to it? There are a couple things you could try, one of which is use the LastPass extension with Firefox. It works very good, and logs in automatically, so even if Trap makes you log in, you won't have to type anything, just wait an extra few seconds. As for losing your post, there is another firefox extension for that called Lazureus, and I use it all the time on Xisto. I sometimes take a while to write stuff on here, since I get distracted and do other things, and Trap times me out and doesn't let me reply. I have to go back into the post and then reply again to get it to work. With Lazureus, it lets me right click on the box and just paste in what I had last. These are both FF extensions, so if you're not using Firefox, I don't have any other suggestions. :PI'll admit, somethings funny about Trap's log in system though. There are some forums that never log me out once in a year which is how I think it should be for convenience. If someone breaks into my home, the last thing I'll worry about is whether they hop on my already logged in Xisto account :lol:

I used to have this problem with Trap. In fact I think one of my first posts on here was complaining that I had to log in repeatedly. For some reason, I haven't been bothered by that for a long time. Maybe I just got used to it? There are a couple things you could try, one of which is use the LastPass extension with Firefox. It works very good, and logs in automatically, so even if Trap makes you log in, you won't have to type anything, just wait an extra few seconds.
As for losing your post, there is another firefox extension for that called Lazureus, and I use it all the time on Xisto. I sometimes take a while to write stuff on here, since I get distracted and do other things, and Trap times me out and doesn't let me reply. I have to go back into the post and then reply again to get it to work. With Lazureus, it lets me right click on the box and just paste in what I had last.

These are both FF extensions, so if you're not using Firefox, I don't have any other suggestions. :P

I'll admit, somethings funny about Trap's log in system though. There are some forums that never log me out once in a year which is how I think it should be for convenience. If someone breaks into my home, the last thing I'll worry about is whether they hop on my already logged in Xisto account :lol:

Well, I certainly don't think that Xisto is very convenient right now, having to log in like, once every... I don't know... whenever it feels like it? Yeah, I really like forums that doesn't require you to log in at all... well, I used to participate in a forum like that. Very convenient, though I ended up forgetting both my username and my password...

But I still think that while Xisto requires you to log in, I think that they should just make you log in whenever you open your computer again, not everytime you post or something like that.

And rob, I use Safari because it's the default of all Mac computers... so... :(

Oh well, I certainly do hope that the administrators look into this problem...

Sorry to be the one that needs to tell you this, but it likely is not a fault of the Xisto software. What sort of connection are you using to connect to the iternet? Do you have a static IP number? If you are on a dynamic ISP, then the IPB software checks to confirm your IP. This is a security feature to avoid cross-site scripting and other forms of high-jacking.

Sorry to be the one that needs to tell you this, but it likely is not a fault of the Xisto software. What sort of connection are you using to connect to the iternet?
Do you have a static IP number?
If you are on a dynamic ISP, then the IPB software checks to confirm your IP.
This is a security feature to avoid cross-site scripting and other forms of high-jacking.

Haha, no worries. If it's really just me, then I'll have to figure out a way to stop this annoying thing... well, let's se... I don't really know whether I have a static IP number or not, but it's most likely that I DO have one. I mean, I don't SPAM or do illegal stuff and things anyway, so why would I need a constantly changing IP address anyway?

And anyway, I don't even know how to change my IP address for a start. I thought that you could only have one? That comes in with your computer? But anyway...

So yeah, I believe that I can safely say that I've got a static IP address... and well, rob86 has this problem as well, so maybe it's not my fault? I don't know... any other suggestions?

It's most probably affected by not having a static IP address. I sometimes experience this problem from other forums as well, I usually solve this problem by checking the "Remember Me" button when I log into those forums. You can try it out, it should works.

It's most probably affected by not having a static IP address. I sometimes experience this problem from other forums as well, I usually solve this problem by checking the "Remember Me" button when I log into those forums. You can try it out, it should works.

I always check the "Remember Me" whenever I log in Xisto, and the fact that the shout box thingy alert still pops out whenever I least expect it constantly just shows me that it doesn't work.

Seriously... I tried nearly everything... apart from breaking my computer by bashing it with a baseball bat, that is... :lol: (And other computer-breaking methods, of course...) :P

So yeah, that doesn't work either. It's defaultly set to "Remember Me", so I don't even have to manually check the box... so I really don't know why this is happening.

I have been facing the same problem after Xisto was upgraded to the latest version of IPB. I had already complained this to OpaQue a few months back and came up with no solution. :lol: So, I got used to that crappy "Sorry You Don't Have Permission" error... I'm still getting that error.. My connection is a broadband connection with a dynamic ip. Though dynamic ip sometimes create problems with Xisto login, thats not the main reason for this problem. Becuase my ip won't change until my ADSL modem rebooted. But while browsing the forum it suddenly logs me out and pops up that error.. So I'm sure that dynamic ip is not the only problem. Tried many things to solve this problem and finally resigned... :P

Well, we can't blame Xisto for this problem. Afterall the login system was develop by IPS and they are merely using their scripts. Did you try clearing your cache or browsing data and do a dns flush? It appears that I gotten this error too while being logged into Xisto and deleting my browsing data with my Xisto forum open. But I didn't experience any problem before and after that.

What source are you using for the Internet connection? Dial-up? cable?

Um... wireless? OK, it's connected to the phone company though, so I'm assuming that it's cable. :lol:
Sorry, yeah, I know I'm pretty vague on everything... I'm not good at computer stuff, you know...

Well, we can't blame Xisto for this problem. Afterall the login system was develop by IPS and they are merely using their scripts. Did you try clearing your cache or browsing data and do a dns flush? It appears that I gotten this error too while being logged into Xisto and deleting my browsing data with my Xisto forum open. But I didn't experience any problem before and after that.

Can't Xisto change the log in script from IPS? Or use another one? Because I know that forums that has less members and that are not developed by computer savvy people still have forums that don't require you to log in once a month, not even once a year. And yet Xisto, who is actually a web hosting company full with computer savvy people still cannot solve this problem...

Can you just change the script? I really don't think it's my computer's problem though.

Everything is alright with the login system, it's suggested to every login script to use a unique id, and hashing your ip address is one of the best methods for security, if you have a static ip than usually there is no problem, but for example I browse the Internet at home, at work and at university, every time I need to re-login at Xisto. Of course using Opera I just remember the password and push ctrl enter to login..People who are using dynamic ip needs to login quite often due to ip changes.. Imagine if somebody would get your cookie and put it into their browser, they could login and browse as if it was you, hashing the ip address does not allow this to happen. If you want to lower your security when having a dynamic ip, I suggest you to use a proxy which has a static ip, you always connect to the proxy on Xisto which is configured in browser proxy settings and I think it should work, you just need to find the right proxy, but if somebody will get your cookie, they will be able to login using that proxy, of course it's not a big risk that someone will get your cookie and that they will use the same proxy settings.

Um... wireless? OK, it's connected to the phone company though, so I'm assuming that it's cable. :lol:Sorry, yeah, I know I'm pretty vague on everything... I'm not good at computer stuff, you know...

Can't Xisto change the log in script from IPS? Or use another one? Because I know that forums that has less members and that are not developed by computer savvy people still have forums that don't require you to log in once a month, not even once a year. And yet Xisto, who is actually a web hosting company full with computer savvy people still cannot solve this problem...

Can you just change the script? I really don't think it's my computer's problem though.

What I'm trying to mean is that since the script is created by IPS, and many ppl in the world are using Invision Power Board as their forum board. If there is really a problem or a bug in the script, shouldn't IPS be informed of this long ago or perhaps already or must have solved that bug in their next update or patch?

I'm using both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome from my laptop with a wireless connection, and I have total no problem with the login script and I could keep myself logged in. I don't see why there is a problem with the script, when I'm experiencing no difficulty. Maybe you can try another web browser and see if there is a difference.

This bug was there with me earlier(i guess during dec-feb time). But right now it only pops up when i logout which is acceptable. So i guess it's not problem for me. And no there is no issue with Xisto login. This gotta be issue with IPB. And that most of the people are not facing the problem means it's not issue from host. It looks more of issue from script,if there is any.

Hmm... I must say that I really don't know then, though it still happens all the time and I find it just so extremely annoying. Though I'm pretty sure that I have a static IP address that doesn't change or anything... but it is most certainly true that while not everyone is having this problem, I'm not technically the only one either... So yeah....I don't know about browsers though. Do they even make a difference? I really have no say in browsers, because I really don't have an opinion of them. They're all the same, I suppose...Oh well... if I really can't figure out how to stop the annoying pop-out box from popping out then I'll just have to deal with it and leave it as it is... I mean, I'm seriously not going to get turned off Xisto because on that one stupid pop out box, am I?After all, I already lasted for two months... :lol::P:(