xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Selganor

Runes Of Magic Anyone playing it?

runes of magic? what is it anyway? it was my first time to hear it? i only know runescape but never heard of rune of magic..what as that game all about? can you please tell something about it?and please post some screenies of the game let me see the graphics of it and decide if i would play or not thanks anywayOfftopicare you playing runescape? hmm that one is kinda weird and i don't want how it was structured.. i really don't know why many people love it.. i would prefer Farmville of facebook than that.. yes it has a good story but about the graphics?forget about it

I play Runes of Magic and like it a lot. I will admit that the similarities to World of Warcraftare striking, even right down to the name of the spells. It's hard to have a World of Warcraftsubscription and play/support this game. I dislike how you have to pay for your mountas opposed to earning it like you do in WoW. I play on the Artemis server and am planning on making a guild (which is why I'm here :) ).

Runes of magic is a combonation of WoW/Lineage and other games its a game that implemented all the good stuf from other games.I have a healer/knight lvl 23/20 on siochain if you need help or like that pm MosCraciun

use to play and love it but lost interst after lvling my warden past 40 and figuring out it was obsolete and now they have the balls to give everyone else pets which was our niche. that will probably end up better than the wardens pet. think the devs turned there backs on the wardens :/

I tried to play that game but I just could not really get into it. I think I spent about a week or so before I quit. There was just not enough to do and everything seemed to be solo -- I don't play MMORPG's to be alone.I was in a big clan too but even so, it was pretty much everyone out hunting on their own (except occasional quest help here and there).

WoW Clone....

Man, every game these days is trying to be a WoW clone. It's soo stupid it's ridiculous. Even older games are going WoW'y.

Lineage II, for example, started implementing things that WoW had in it (which, for the record, killed L2 soon after). AION (also by NCSoft) has a lot of WoW things.

Warhammer Online uses the same graphics as WoW.

Just about every game things because WoW was successful they will be too as long as they steal the ideas. None of them seem to understand why WoW succeeded the way it did -- and it was a very basic reason.

Man, every game these days is trying to be a WoW clone. It's soo stupid it's ridiculous. Even older games are going WoW'y.
Lineage II, for example, started implementing things that WoW had in it (which, for the record, killed L2 soon after). AION (also by NCSoft) has a lot of WoW things.

Warhammer Online uses the same graphics as WoW.

Just about every game things because WoW was successful they will be too as long as they steal the ideas. None of them seem to understand why WoW succeeded the way it did -- and it was a very basic reason.

I think the very basic reason that WoW is a success because they done their research and offered another new level of gameplay for mmorpgames. Why won't the other developers of the game create their own uniqueness for their games.

I think the very basic reason that WoW is a success because they done their research and offered another new level of gameplay for mmorpgames. Why won't the other developers of the game create their own uniqueness for their games.

The reason WoW was successful is solely because they allowed a medium where both adults and their children could play. They did well at mixing the two together.

For comparison -- most other games are either solely geared towards kids or solely towards adults. Look at the most recent ones:

Star Trek Online -- Clearly for adults. The learning curve is steep with it
AION -- Again clearly for adults. It's purely based on PvP and is also hard to understand for younger people
Age of Conan -- Rated M, obviously for adults
Hello Kitty Online -- kids only

There just aren't many games for both young and old players. That's the area WoW succeeded at, whereas others are failing as they don't see that very simple connection. What I don't understand is why they *don't* see that connection.

its suppose to be the ultimate wow clone ive played it. it was kinda fun lots of stuff to do but the patches took 1 whole day to complete so I just tried something else if you have a good internet connection go ahead but if your tired of wow stear clear