xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sonesay

Os X Always Updaating On Start Up.

I've got this annoying problem with my OS X. Yeah its not perfect but its still better then most OS's. What it is doing is updating every time I reboot. Now this is not unusal for an update to occuer if you have previously updated your OS. The last updates I remember were for iTunes and the problem is every time I boot up it always does its update process when the apple logo appears. This is very annoying as there should be no more things to update yet it takes 5 or 10 minutes to complete as a result wasting my time. This has happen in the past before but all it took to resolve it was another update that came by thankfully within a few days. This has been a problem for 3 days now and still no change. Any ideas on a fix?

post-45102-1253831742_thumb.png

Have you checked if software update is one of your login items? If it's not take a look at your preferences for how often you want it to check for new updates. It may be set to check daily, however it should be checking for new software in the background and shouldn't be prompting you unless it finds updates.