xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

What Is Your Website's Value? No, Im not talking about selling.....

There are millions, if not billions, of websites on the internet. Each one of them has a particular value, based on how popular they are. For example, google's value is estimated to be around $2.1 billion USD! Then there are sites which may not account to even $100. There are many websites which allow you to calculate your site's estimated value, and since each one of these sites takes different factors into consideration, the results may vary. For example. our good ol' Xisto's value is estimated to be around $277,588, according to Your Website Value, while it is $974,009.8 USD according to Website Outlook!!!

I'm not sure if these figures can be believed or not, since there's such a large gap between them, but it sure feels good to know that your site has such a good value. So wouldn't you like to know how much your site is worth? Try out the sites mentioned above or if you want more results, just google it out and you'll get a lot of calculators which will estimate your site's value. And if you like, put down that value here as a trophy for everyone to see :P

My site (which I haven't updated since I bought it 3 months ago!) has a value ranging betwen $53-150 :lol:

How do that determine the estimated value and does that really quantify justly?If the value is determined by traffic, page rank and popularity I think it's biased. Even though some websites have lower traffic, they can have higher value let's say script hosting and external hostings.Mine is from $100 to $800 or so. And I'm wondering if this would effect me when I got to sell my website next few years...?

I don't mean to brag, but I feel I'm going to be breaking some records here. Ah, yeah, my websites worth $0. Lowest value possible. Beat that! How the heck did you get your site to be worth $150 when mine is $0 Simpleton? Has it grown lot since I last visited? :lol:It wants me to display a banner saying "site value: $0" on it. Pfft, yeah right!

Sad thing is they don't search value for sites using sub domains. :lol: ...Are there any other sites like those link above that search the value of sites using sub domain?

I agree, if you want to sell it up ask real people. Ask people on digital point, flippa, sitepoint etc. These algorithms count backlinks, pagerank and alrxa rank. I pity those who purchase websites based on alexa algorithm. First what type of algorithm is that ? when your site performs well on google, yahoo, MSN still it keeps you at low rank on alexa. And they only care about visits in US which we can understand as most of the ad networks are from US. But still such false ranking drives your business even if you're performing well on search engines. There are plenty of sites like website outlook. For example, iwebtool, xinu etc. Xinu is good one for checking overall social media performance. While iwebtool covers multiple tools.

is that accurate? i guess not it only value and calculate the TLD but not subdomains like yoursite.blogspot.com like what ive seen a blogspot with a great SEO and great Pagerank (i know it because i check it into PR rank) but when i check his value on that site in technorati it was $0 so it means that value is false? no it's not false but having the big value doesn't mean your site is well optimize...

How do that determine the estimated value and does that really quantify justly?
If the value is determined by traffic, page rank and popularity I think it's biased. Even though some websites have lower traffic, they can have higher value let's say script hosting and external hostings.

Mine is from $100 to $800 or so. And I'm wondering if this would effect me when I got to sell my website next few years...?

I must say that while that is probably not very accurate, people (that don't know much, I suppose), might actually will check on that to determine how much they will pay you, so it will do you no harm in actually trying to get that number up, though of course don't use and waste up all your energy on that when you can be gaining more visitors...

What's your website anyway? I thought that it was Xisto? Or is that Opaque's? Don't you two share this site anyway? You're both the admins...

Last time I checked mine it was around $3,000. I would never sell it, but if I were, I'd doubt I'd get over $100 for it. The best way to get an accurate value is to go on digital point and ask how much people would pay for it.

Wow... I'm not surprised though. I've actually seen your site, and I must say that it is just so extremely good... I like it a lot, I must say... but yeah... You may be right. I personally don't think that the "value of your site" that these websites talk about are actually extremely accurate. The best thing will be actually talking to a potential buyer or a friend and ask them how much they would be willing to pay for that website... though I don't really see the point in selling your website either... it's too good to sell, and after all, why sell it after all the work that you have gone through trying to get traffic and visitors and maybe even members to your forums???

But anyway... :lol:

I hope that when I do my forum there will be good people on so I can choose mods and stuff... Saves me a lot of work.

Well this is just the estimated value and can't really tell you how much you'll get if you try to sell it. For example, on the first site I mentioned (yourwebsitevalue.com), there was this one site (cant really remember the name) which sold for $600 even though it's value was estimated to be around $200. So these sites are useful only if you wanna know what range of money your site can be expected to fetch if you want to sell it (in most cases you wouldn't!)

I don't mean to brag, but I feel I'm going to be breaking some records here. Ah, yeah, my websites worth $0. Lowest value possible. Beat that! How the heck did you get your site to be worth $150 when mine is $0 Simpleton? Has it grown lot since I last visited? biggrin.gif

Well actually it has gone down a lot since your last visit :P I removed the forums entirely and there's just a welcome page now and nothing else. And yet I'm getting an estimated value of $146 on website outlook - here is the link if you wanna see! :lol:

I make use of http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to give me a rough estimate of the value of my websites. When to try the recommended website and it gave me $219/$13 (website1/website2) while on the dnscoop, it rates them as $21/$214 (website1/website2). Definitely a great discrepency between the two. As many have mentioned, this is just a guide for me. The value of it can never really be estimated.

As I said before, you CAN get an accurate value of how much your website is worth by posting on webmaster forums, and pretending to sell it. The automated scripts are next to useless.

yeah you are write those scripts are not that accurate.. selling website will be the only way to know the price of your site
the webmasters will look at your site and suggest a value :lol: