xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
king kratos

Ironkey

I have been using an IronKey for more than a year and a half now and absolutely love it! It is a FIPS 140-2 Level 3 verified USB drive. It contains a cryptochip for hardware encryption, 10 wrong password limit, secure web browsing, and multiple other security features. My favorite part it the secure web browsing. When Secure Sessions is turned on, all Internet traffic routed through Secure Sessions is encrypted with the IronKey cryptochip. The data is then sent through three IronKey owned servers at which point the third server decrypts the data and connects to the end destination. It basically is a highly secured onion router.

The 10 wrong password limit is rest when the correct password is entered. If 10 wrong passwords are entered in a row, the device self destructs. This consists of frying (not just wiping) the two memory units and disabling the cryptochip.

The IK is also filled with an epoxy agent that will destroy the internal components if someone tries to open the device.

I love my IronKey and hope to show others how cool (and secure) it is.

For more info, check out this website: IronKey