xisto Community
The Simpleton

When Can I Change My Title?

I know that the display name of a user can only be changed by a mod, but how about the title? The thing that describes the user? The default titles are good, but custom titles are creative and even better. I've noticed that the only members who have custom titles are those with a heap of posts, well over 600. I was wondering at which point a user is allowed to get custom titles. Is it allowed at all, or does a mod/admin have to do that as well???

From what i remember, it's supposed to be when you reach 502 posts—i am uncertain if it has changed, though. Go here and see if there is a field that is labeled "Custom member title." If there is one, then go ahead and change it if you want to change it. If there isn't, then something is different from what i remember.

From what i remember, it's supposed to be when you reach 502 postsi am uncertain if it has changed, though. Go here and see if there is a field that is labeled "Custom member title." If there is one, then go ahead and change it if you want to change it. If there isn't, then something is different from what i remember.

Well, I don't have it, so I think that truefusion might be right on that... :lol: But why 502 posts? That is just such an odd number. If it was something else, like 500 or 550 posts then I'd understand... but anyway, it's just up to the admins, I think. :P I didn't even know you can edit your "Custom member title" at all... until I read this post, that is..

But now I know. :(

Cool thanks for the tip truefusion! It worked. I think I didn't notice it before because I was looking for it in the "About Me" page and then gave up. I've changed it to something stupid now but at least it's no longer the same old thing that everyone gets!!!

Yeah, I got mine recently, I love it! it took me ages, but I made it to the 500 mark, I was stuck on 400 for such a long time, and this post showed me where it was so thanks for that.

The issue True fusion raises is the fact that you need "greater than" 500 posts to allow for the personalised label.If I recall correctly, 501 would work, too.

500 is a long way away for most members and I somehow feel that it would be better if it was reduced. Of course it's necessary to prove that the member is gonna stay but thing like custom member titles make members like the forum more and stay longer. So if it was introduced at a lower level something like 300, then it might make more members happy? Just my opinion

I never even noticed the titles before reading this post. I have never really paid much attention to the left side of the forum really. I just noticed you joined the day after me and are really out doing me on the post count. I'll catch up some day! Maybe! I'll even have my own custom title as well soon! Woo woo woo woo! (-Curly Howard..nevermind!)You're probably right though, it might make members stick around if they could personalize things a bit. Even some skins to choose from would be nice for a change..

I never even noticed the titles before reading this post. I have never really paid much attention to the left side of the forum really. I just noticed you joined the day after me and are really out doing me on the post count. I'll catch up some day! Maybe!
I'll even have my own custom title as well soon! Woo woo woo woo! (-Curly Howard..nevermind!)

well it so happens that I spent a lot of time on trap in the early days I joined so I do have a lot more posts than you :P Back then I was in a hurry to get my website started and that's the reason I posted furiously. Now I've slowed down a bit, down to a healthy 5 posts per day :lol: I'm sure you'll catch up some day.....all the best for the chase!