xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nameless_

The Psychic Phenomena Debate Youve read it, now, you debate it. :P :P :P

OK... first things first...I read Phoneix's thread (that got closed), and I have a new idea for a debate... (funny how Phoneix should copy off a member that got banned from another forum, though I really don't know why he got banned when he quoted the whole thing... or did the mod quote it for him? Anyway...)Well, it's on psychic phenomena, of course. Just what I like most. Well, on my old forums where I was moderator, promoted to admin, then I quit, and now I'm back again, we've got a massive debate on the validity of science in these "not natural" and "supernatural" topics...And the thing is, it is just so hard to have a hobby that might not "exist" after all, though it depends on your definition of the term "existence"... (you can debate about that too).Now, the question is, does it exist? I mean, do you believe that it exist?Any prove or evidence that it does?The validity of the proof?And prove that it doesn't?And the validity of the proof on the negative side?And what about "scientific evidence"?Is that a solid experiment? Can they be trusted?And the results valid?Um... what else? Well, I'll post these first to stimulate your brain cells... we can add as more things go on.I mean, it's be funny (And teribbly sad) if it turns out that I've wasted around two years on my life researching on something that didn't exist.But anyway... I believe it does...Clearly state what side you're on first though... things can get confusing as the thread goes on. And you're allowed to change sides... but please tell us that you are going to. :lol:Argh.... why can't just be normal and have a normal hobby? Like collecting stamps and playing chess?Anyhow... LET THE DEBATE BEGIN!!!

I believe Psychic Phenomena could possibly exist. I can't see why it couldn't, strange and not completely understood things have already been making a lot more sense to us. The atomic bomb for example, who would have thought humans could harness and unleash such colossal power? Not me, even after seeing pictures and videos it still seems hard to believe, yet I accept it as fact. ..And the bombs not the only thing, there are even more modern phenomena that are mind moggling. Psychic powers therefore aren't that far fetched if you have an open mind and a realization that pretty much everything in the world is hard to believe / understand.I've always wondered about something, and that's is if our thoughts could influence what's happening around us. For example, if I saw someone working on top of a tall ladder, I would think something like, "Wow, that would suck if they fell off ", and then I think, "Should I be thinking this? What if we can influence the physical world around us by our thoughts?". Nothing ever happens when I think about things though, so I'm not getting too much proof of psychic phenomena there. I haven't seen too much proof of psychic abilities, though I haven't been looking too hard. I don't really believe what I see on T.V. shows (psychics finding murder victims and stuff) and there are a lot of fraudulent "psychics" around. People fake bending spoons with psychic powers and stuff.. So as it stands, I don't find myself a very strong believer in psychic phenomena, but I am open to the possibility that it exists. I don't really know what you consider psychic phenomena though, because in your other post you talked about things that were completely over my head like psi balls or something? I have no clue what that stuff is.You believe in psychic phenomena - why? What experiences have you had that make you believe in it. I'm not questioning your beliefs, merely interested in the subject. I wish I had a reason to believe in it, it's a fascinating thing to study, but I'm not finding any.

I believe Psychic Phenomena could possibly exist. I can't see why it couldn't, strange and not completely understood things have already been making a lot more sense to us. The atomic bomb for example, who would have thought humans could harness and unleash such colossal power? Not me, even after seeing pictures and videos it still seems hard to believe, yet I accept it as fact. ..And the bombs not the only thing, there are even more modern phenomena that are mind moggling. Psychic powers therefore aren't that far fetched if you have an open mind and a realization that pretty much everything in the world is hard to believe / understand.
I've always wondered about something, and that's is if our thoughts could influence what's happening around us. For example, if I saw someone working on top of a tall ladder, I would think something like, "Wow, that would suck if they fell off ", and then I think, "Should I be thinking this? What if we can influence the physical world around us by our thoughts?". Nothing ever happens when I think about things though, so I'm not getting too much proof of psychic phenomena there.

I haven't seen too much proof of psychic abilities, though I haven't been looking too hard. I don't really believe what I see on T.V. shows (psychics finding murder victims and stuff) and there are a lot of fraudulent "psychics" around. People fake bending spoons with psychic powers and stuff..

So as it stands, I don't find myself a very strong believer in psychic phenomena, but I am open to the possibility that it exists. I don't really know what you consider psychic phenomena though, because in your other post you talked about things that were completely over my head like psi balls or something? I have no clue what that stuff is.

You believe in psychic phenomena - why? What experiences have you had that make you believe in it. I'm not questioning your beliefs, merely interested in the subject. I wish I had a reason to believe in it, it's a fascinating thing to study, but I'm not finding any.

It's funny though. When I'm talking about psychic phenomena, I'm not talking about ghosts and spirits and stuff... no. What I'm talking about is "psionics"...

There's not much difference though... but psionics is more related to the self than other outer influential "things", like ghosts and things. It's just yourself.

This includes Pyrokinesis or Telekinesis, the ability to move or bend stuff like spoons with the mind, Astral Projection, you supposedly go out of your body and float around as a soul, Telepathy, the ability to communicate or know what someone is thinking with your mind, and many more...

Psiball? It's a (OK, I'll sound geeky for the first time ever since I came here) construct that you make with your inner energy.

This is the ONLY thing I could do, though I had months of practice before it happened. :lol:
And that's the only prove that I've got that psychic phenomena exists.

I am a completely logically person. But I'm an open skeptic. I was skeptical at first when I found out about all this, and the fact that Randi exists made me even more skeptical. And to this day I still don't know why no one has stepped up to Randi yet. Maybe he's psychic himself, though I don't know why he would try and prove that psychic phenomena don't exist).

(James Randi's the name. He said that anyone that can step up and show him that psychic phenomena does exists can get a thousand dollars. And later he changed it to a million dollars. Though no one that has stepped up to him proved it yet, and all of those that did are fakes. But you can never tell whether the media is telling the truth or not... :()

But the fact that I have tried. And succeeded at a psiball proves that it exists, though I don't know about the rest. It's the faith that keeps me going. (I'd be bored to death at school by now if I didn't know anything about psychic phenomena - because I won't have anything to think about).

The ladder thing that you thought about is possible. Sometimes, coincidences are too much of a coincidence to be true. But Have you heard of the Law of Attraction? It's something that all psychics know about. (Well, I do... and I spread it out to everyone that I know. :P)

When you think of something a lot, it tends to happen. But the argument for this is... if you think a lot for something that's not going to happen? Like, you will get full marks for the next exam or something without studying, then it's probably not going to happen. And it requires constant thinking...

Your brain sends it out to the "universe" and it will come back to you. Apparently.
But I know it works for me.

Psychic Phenomena is only a faith to those that hasn't experienced it, like it was to me at first, and then it becomes a reality to those who have. So it just depends on you.

I can make a psiball... so I know it exists. I have FAITH that telepathy exists, though I don't have solid proof for that yet. TO you, a psiball might or might not exist, according to what you believe. So it's different for all individuals.

But first things first: BELIEVE (in yourself)

i do believe in what you said about "believing". that is important in a discussion like this. what i don't agree with is "psychic phenomenon". a term use to describe an unkown when in fact it IS known to those who believe in it. i myself believe certain things exist in our own selves that you think never existed. you just have to know how to tap in to it and channel it. all psychic abilites are are sixth senses which could also be described as intuitions that are correct. now can we create something out of nothing? no. we can create and harness energy. i don't just believe it exists, i know it is possible. psychic abilities can be a depressing life though and most always misunderstood. some have natural abilites. some have to work harder at it...but the energy is there to be tapped in to as i have experienced it on small levels. i don't think about it much as on some levels it's just natural inside me as it's a part of me...misunderstood because those who haven't sensed things wish they could and when they finally do, they wish they didn't. one has to really know ones self fully to fully understand the energies that surround them. that's what i believe. sometimes though, it's a bit much to take in and a big responsibility to ones self and well being.i never did like the term "psychic" though. that doesn't explain anything to what it really is.

i do believe in what you said about "believing". that is important in a discussion like this. what i don't agree with is "psychic phenomenon". a term use to describe an unkown when in fact it IS known to those who believe in it. i myself believe certain things exist in our own selves that you think never existed. you just have to know how to tap in to it and channel it. all psychic abilites are are sixth senses which could also be described as intuitions that are correct. now can we create something out of nothing? no. we can create and harness energy. i don't just believe it exists, i know it is possible. psychic abilities can be a depressing life though and most always misunderstood. some have natural abilites. some have to work harder at it...but the energy is there to be tapped in to as i have experienced it on small levels. i don't think about it much as on some levels it's just natural inside me as it's a part of me...
misunderstood because those who haven't sensed things wish they could and when they finally do, they wish they didn't. one has to really know ones self fully to fully understand the energies that surround them. that's what i believe. sometimes though, it's a bit much to take in and a big responsibility to ones self and well being.

i never did like the term "psychic" though. that doesn't explain anything to what it really is.

Yeah... I agree with anwiii a hundred percent. :lol:
The universe, while we think that we can fit everything into a perfect boxes with scientific explanations, theories, and experiments, but it is in fact very warped and all that, and science can't explain everything.

Like love, betrayal, hurt, pain... emotions.

And while we can apply science theories to make things work, we don't really know what exactly a thing is. We use electro magnetic radiation to work TVs, radios, and things, but we haven't explain why it was there, what it is exactly and all that.

So to me, nothing is impossible.

And I don't like the term "psychic" and "paranormal" and "supernatural" either. It's actually not. If have been where I've been before. :P