xisto Community
Baniboy

Show Off Your Desktop! Enjoy the spam.

The idea of this topic is to post a screenshot of your own desktop. I just wanna see how you've organized your desktops and what kind of background colors you use. AND, I have nothing else to post about so yeah...Here's my desktop(ubuntu):post-71342-1252783057_thumb.jpgI've added a few widgets(like the system monitor and calendar). I have a separate windows list on the left, a taskbar at the bottom containing some shortcuts(I just make it scroll out of the screen to the left or right when I don't need it) and then the default gnome taskbar containing a few extra things. And there's also my beautiful background image I got from a site they were offering free wallpapers on. I'm using the "overglossed" window theme.Looking forward to see your desktops! :lol:

Nice... well, mine is pretty clutter but I just deleted most of the files... :lol:(By the way, the background is a picture of my school that I took (I love photography (and these curvy tags, of course. I used them too much.)) so if you can figure out what it is then you'll know which school I go to...)It's in an upload file, but I hope it's not too much of a trouble to open... I don't know how to do the insert thing that Baniboy did...Anyway.First Reply!!! :P:(

Darn it... I don't think it worked... the file was way too big so I'll have just finished uploading it on imageshack.com and here it is...

Posted Image

Note the Bold Theme File... that's the corrupted file that I couldn't upload it up onto Wordpress on my local sever... you can search it up on the web... Any help on that?

That's nice, you took the picture?Kinda looks like the looks I was trying to achieve with my desktop. I don't like panels on top of the screen, that messes me up (Well, I guess I haven't yet got over the windows syndrome :P). Besides, I like to have space in my screen, I don't like to read stuff in the bottom, so I always scroll up. Sites that have boxes that have their own scrollers and the content is placed in them have always irritated me(the thing is even worse, when the content box is near the bottom). There is also not enough space since I have many toolbars on top of my browser. So I just like my panels to be visible when I like and disappear when I don't have a use for them.And it seems like I'm like you, I always leave all my junk on the desktop hehe :( except when I took the screenshot :lol:

I like these kinds of threads in the aspect that you can get inspirations on what you want to do with your own desktop.

Here's mine that I have on my work desktop... at work. :lol:

Posted Image

I use different backgrounds from time to time when I get tired of them or when I want a change of pace.

i just got this computer about a week ago...so mine isn't that cluttered....i still have most of my files on my usb drive...

post-19564-1253121503_thumb.jpg

That's nice, you took the picture?Kinda looks like the looks I was trying to achieve with my desktop. I don't like panels on top of the screen, that messes me up (Well, I guess I haven't yet got over the windows syndrome :P). Besides, I like to have space in my screen, I don't like to read stuff in the bottom, so I always scroll up. Sites that have boxes that have their own scrollers and the content is placed in them have always irritated me(the thing is even worse, when the content box is near the bottom). There is also not enough space since I have many toolbars on top of my browser. So I just like my panels to be visible when I like and disappear when I don't have a use for them.
And it seems like I'm like you, I always leave all my junk on the desktop hehe :( except when I took the screenshot :lol:

haha... nice, thanks. Yeah, I was bored and I was just walking around the school randomly and I took the picture. Well, not so randomly, because we were doing something like "The City" in Art and so I had to take pictures of the "City"... or pictures that look like it.

And yeah.. things on the desktop are easy to access and pretty convenient. That is, until your desktop gets so cluttered and all that that you can't do anything about it. Because you won't know which files are which and they'll just overlap each other.

LOL Tramp, is that Windows 7, Vista or XP? :lol: I have XP but Windows 7 Transformation pack. :( Good background, though we can still see your IP. :P

Yeah there is a twin pack for two monitors to be ran. Just press a few (three) buttons on keyboard and it switches monitors and/or computers if you will. :lol:

Good thread baniboy. and some nice desktops here. especially i like tramps desktop (that 2 monitor one). anwii's desktop is also cool. the wallpaper on the desktop. and sky's desktop with windows 7 transformation pack. cool thread. I'll post my desktop's picture soon.