xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Wild Blue Watch those sneaky ^)**_#()^%

I am getting extrememly annoyed with my Wild Blue satalite internet service. It was great when I first got it, I loved the speed, but lately it seems to get slower all the time. But that is not what is truely ticking me off. For a lone time they were charging my credit card $55 per month. One day I happened to notice it was $62. I checked back several statements and saw that they had charged me that for a couple months. I called to ask them why and they said it was for some virus protection or some such thing. I told them I did not use their virius program, that I had my own, and they promised to refund the balance. On the next months statement, not only did they not refund the balance, they charged me the $62 AGAIN! I was pretty hot when I called them the second time. They once again promised to refund it, and sure enough, my next credit card statement came, ANOTHER $62 charge, and no refund. I finally had to go threw the credit card company to protest the charges and I did finally got my refund back. Well, once again, last month I saw they had once again charged me the $62, I really got hot this time and told them in no uncertain terms I was not going to be put up with being overcharged. They once again promised to take it off, and low and behold, the next month there was the same charge again. And no refund. I sure hope I can find a different internet service provider when my 2 year contract with those cheats is over with! Unfortunatly, I live in the boondocks, and don't have a lot of other options. So, if you have Wild Blue automaticly put on your credit card, make sure you check your statements every month so you don't get ripped off too. I surely can't be the only one they are scamming.

I was checking out the satellite internet services here a few months ago, and they were practically a scam. Our government worked out a deal to get us "affordable" satellite internet, they apparently didn't do much research into the so called great services this ISP was offering. They advertised their super fast download speeds, but they don't even mention stuff like bandwidth caps. They limited your speed to dial up speed at every opportunity but this was all in the fine print, hidden away in small print in the terms. They also had a cap on how much you could download, a mere 240mb per day, and how much browsing per hour before they cut you down to dialup speeds. They also forbid any kind of downloading of torrents, legal or not. People have to check out these services, as companies will do anything to trick unsuspecting people into wasting money.

satellite internet is currently in the same state that "affordable" broadband was in back in the day, or even cellphones: dawning technology with service dominated by a tiny circle of the largest players with the least to lose who can play cutthroat tactics with consumers.satellite internet could improve in due time when there is greater competition and better technology, but it may take awhile considering that it's basically the only option for those who don't receive any form of land-based broadband in their areas. ;I

I am getting extrememly annoyed with my Wild Blue satalite internet service. It was great when I first got it, I loved the speed, but lately it seems to get slower all the time.
But that is not what is truely ticking me off. For a lone time they were charging my credit card $55 per month. One day I happened to notice it was $62. I checked back several statements and saw that they had charged me that for a couple months. I called to ask them why and they said it was for some virus protection or some such thing. I told them I did not use their virius program, that I had my own, and they promised to refund the balance. On the next months statement, not only did they not refund the balance, they charged me the $62 AGAIN! I was pretty hot when I called them the second time. They once again promised to refund it, and sure enough, my next credit card statement came, ANOTHER $62 charge, and no refund. I finally had to go threw the credit card company to protest the charges and I did finally got my refund back.
Well, once again, last month I saw they had once again charged me the $62, I really got hot this time and told them in no uncertain terms I was not going to be put up with being overcharged. They once again promised to take it off, and low and behold, the next month there was the same charge again. And no refund.
I sure hope I can find a different internet service provider when my 2 year contract with those cheats is over with! Unfortunatly, I live in the boondocks, and don't have a lot of other options.
So, if you have Wild Blue automaticly put on your credit card, make sure you check your statements every month so you don't get ripped off too. I surely can't be the only one they are scamming.

Don't give up and next time you talk to customer "service", immediately ask to speak to a supervisor and ask for your issue to be escalated due to the number of times you've called and received no satisfaction. Inform them that you're going to contact your states attorney general to make a formal complaint as well as the BBB and Federal Communications Commission. Be prepared to back up your threats. Go online and acquire the phone numbers for each of the above entities and get some contact names -just in case you detect they're not believing your threats. When you talk to them, tell them you want to be compensated for the hassle by receiving a months free service. They'll tell you they can't do that, but ask anyway. Tell them you're going to call again the following business day to verify their records reflect the change in billing and the refund due to you. Don't forget to write down the name of the supervisor you talked to and get the contact info for the escalations department (if any) it goes to. Another good term to throw out is "chronic issue complaint". When your contract runs out, I'd recommend you go to HughesNet. They've got the same three packages, but provide better bandwidth at each tier. Plus, I hear, you can actually avoid the FAP late at night, so if you have some heavy downloading to do, you can do it or program your computer to do it automatically in the wee hours of the morning and it won't impact your monthly download allotment. Yes, I too am a Wildblue customer.