xisto Community
The Simpleton

What Does "free Setup" For Hosting Accounts Mean Exactly?

I'm currently using the basic $1.95/month plan but am thinking of upgrading to the $6.66/month plan, not because I want more bandwidth, but because I want more features that it offers (100 instead of 5!) and I was on the verge of ordering today, but unfortunately the Xisto - Support site is in one of its "License Validation" moods again :lol:Anyway, I remember that "FREE SETUP" is applicable for the $1.95 package, but for the $6.66 package, it is applicable only for yearly payments. I'm not in a position to make a yearly payment right now. So I wanted to know, what is included in that FREE SETUP? Is it something that cannot be done manually? The google apps setup I can manage because I know all it takes is to upload some text they give onto a page and it will be confirmed. What else needs to be manually? Can someone please give some details?

If you pay monthly there is an initial setup cost of $9.95. There are no extra features or anything between the monthly and yearly options. The cost, I believe, is to cover the time taken to set the account and domains up, along with the automatic invoicing etc. If you choose a yearly package then this cost is waived.

So basically I won't miss anything much by not getting the setup done automatically? I will be given the cpanel account details, right? I think I can manage pointing the domain to the nameservers and all that.....ok then I'll just wait till they site is back up.Thanks rvalkass :lol:

As far as I know, you have to compulsorily pay the setup cost if you are going for monthly payment. There is no option for paying or not paying the setup fee for monthly payment package.

9.95$ is i think cost of setting up domains and hosting. This fee is waived by almost every host if you pay yearly or 2-yearly cost. Else it could cost hosting company a lot in terms of time and money. So to avoid free-loaders and stress with customers registration, every hosting company (well if not every most out there do) charge setup fees. Dreamhost charges more than 9.95$ for setting up account. and if you look at their count you'll find out the expensive number that goes for setting up account. So it is worth to pay yearly than opting for monthly option.

This just means that it won't cost money to setup your website/hosting account, which is good, because personally I don't like to pay those types of additional fees. The Ideal hosting pack comes with free stup, although the Logic Pro or host account addons have setup fees.

As far as I know, you have to compulsorily pay the setup cost if you are going for monthly payment. There is no option for paying or not paying the setup fee for monthly payment package.

lol yup I'm stuck there now...I need to pay ~$80 for a one year price which is indeed a bit too much for me right now :lol: So all I can do is to endlessly wait for another month or so to get to that money. However, no more worry about monthly payments so that's a relief...

The Ideal hosting pack comes with free stup, although the Logic Pro or host account addons have setup fees.

You inquired about this ?. I'm not sure if there is setup fee or not. But if you upgrade from logic basic to logic pro, i'm sure there is no setup fee involved with it. This page here at Xisto - Web Hosting shows there are no upgrade costs. Check here.

It says :

Easy Upgrade Options. ( No Upgrade service charge )

Also on Logic Pro page there is no mention of Setup fee. But i guess in payments option, it could be there. You've to confirm from there.

well I'm not sure about the ideal package but I found out that the setup fee for the pro package is only for the LOGIC mail solution. I said I didn't want LOGIC mail and asked support to upgrade my account. I'm awaiting the final answer now and my account will be upgraded in a day or two :lol: