xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spurious

New Lappy For Me!

finally. a new one, even with a tight budget. :(

OS - Windows 7 and upgraded memory to 3GB. Was planning for Intel processor but it only comes with a 64MB graphics, so I have chosen this because it has 512. :lol: Of course I wont use it for gaming I will use my PC instead :P

• Windows 7 Operating System• AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Processor for Notebook PCs RM-72
• 2.10GHz, 1 MB L2 Cache, Up to 3600 MT/s system bus running at AC/DC mode 35 watt
• 1024 MB Standard Memory
• DDR2 667MHz (Memory Type)
• 1 x 1024 MB (Memory Layout)
• Supports up to 8 GB DDR2 memory
• 250 GB Internal Storage
• 5400 rpm HDD Speed
• SuperMulti 8X DVDąR/RW with Double Layer Support
• 14.1” Diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display
• ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
• 3 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, 1 RJ-11, 1 RJ-45, 1 Stereo headphone-out, 1 Microphone in
• Altec LansingŽ speakers
• Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
• High speed 56K modem
• Wireless LAN 802.11b/g
• 33.4 cm (L) x 23.7 cm (W) x 3.3 cm (min H) / 4.0 cm (max H)
• 2.29 kg
• 65 W AC Power Adapter
• 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery

Edited by Spurious (see edit history)

Lucky you! I've been in the market for a laptop for the longest time and settled with the idea of snagging a certain laptop, but financial concerns at the moment keep me from getting my grubby paws on it just yet. I'm not going to name it just because I'm hoping it's still available later for me to snag up a few months later when I get everything settled on my end and I can actually have money available to buy it.Looks like the ATI HD 3200 could be used for some moderate gaming... and believe me, since I play some games from time to time on my old HP zd8000 (which is mainly used by the fiancee now...) which has an aging ATI Mobility Radeon X600.With the 3GB upgrade, I'd say you have a damn good machine to do what you would want it to do, outside of heavy gaming or model rendering, of course. Have fun with it. :lol:

I must say... lucky me!!! I'll be getting a new laptop, completely FREE!!! Funded by the government for all students in a certain year and above in the public schools for education...I really don't think it's worth it though... people will be playing games and stuff and not concentrating in class, and I'll be working on my site (if I can and the site's not blocked) and not concentrationg on my work!!!Woohoo!!!We should get it by mid-September... it's been taking ages... other schools already have theirs...

Nice laptop, congratulations! Did you build it yourself, (which I doubt, it being a laptop and all) or did you get it from a manufacturer? If it's the later, who's the manufacturer?

I must say... lucky me!!! I'll be getting a new laptop, completely FREE!!! Funded by the government for all students in a certain year and above in the public schools for education...I really don't think it's worth it though... people will be playing games and stuff and not concentrating in class, and I'll be working on my site (if I can and the site's not blocked) and not concentrationg on my work!!!

Woohoo!!!

We should get it by mid-September... it's been taking ages... other schools already have theirs...

I wonder what the specs would be on your Free Laptop. Well if you in australia, probs get something bad, like some old Dual Core with only 1gb ram. Me personally I'd like power hogging in my system, 64bit system with graphics power for gaming, and other applications. Mabye an Alienware laptop all the power of their desktops in a small package. Hefty price tags though, around $5000.