xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Blank screen + blinking cursor after UBUNTU 8.04 install (dual boot iMac) Quad-boot A Macbook

Blank screen + blinking cursor after UBUNTU 8.04 install (dual boot iMac)Quad-boot A Macbookquote<10. Install Linux on your three Linux partitions; the root system should be installed on the first Linux partition, the home folder should go in your logical Linux partition, and of course you need to activate the swap partition. Make sure that when you install the GRUB (not LILO, it is more difficult) bootloader, DO NOT install it in the master boot record! Install it in the Linux root folder. It should have an option to do so.>After the above step my iMac sholud reboot with rEFIt and I should be able to use it in dual boot MAC OS 10.5.8 + UBUNTU 8.04, right?MAC OS work fine but as I select the Linux Pinguin from rEFIt menu, I got a blank screen with blinking cursor un the top-left hand side.Any ideas?-question by Zaky123

Did you find a fix?Blank screen + blinking cursor after UBUNTU 8.04 install (dual boot iMac)

Hello, I was just wondering if you found a solution to this problem because I have the same issue and can't seem to fix it.

Thank you in advance.

-question by Josh