xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SaraInWasteland

Bumpits The hair-volumizing inserts.

I ordered them off of eBay and they came today. I spent a half hour trying to figure out how to use them but I finally got the basic hang of it. I can't do anything really fancy yet, but I can pull my hair back into a ponytail or half-ponytail and they stay put and for the most part, look decent. My hair doesn't look as good as they make it look in the commercials and on the box, but with some practice I think I'll be able to do pretty well with them. I'm not much for trends, but I love Amy Winehouse's hair and wanted to create a similar look in my own hair. Has anyone else tried them? Did you like them?

Edited by SaraInWasteland (see edit history)

Not a strictly relevant reply, but I had to Google "bumpits" to find out that they weren't "hair-volumizing insects". Misreading is a harsh mistress indeed, my mental images of a little insect primping up hair have been crushed. ;)

Edited by Mordent (see edit history)

Hahaha... you know what? The first thing I thought about when I read the term "Bumpits" was Armpits... and there was your hair volumization thingy that you were talking about under the title of your thread (the sub-title) and I was like..."Wow!!! A hair volumization product of armpit hair (eewwwww....) and possibily pubic hair as well??? (even eeewwwwwer... - yeah, I know, that's not really a word)???"That is just SO... disgusting... I reckon they should change the name so that it's not as misleading as it is now... or maybe it was just your description of it and my strangely wired brain that made the connection between "Bumpits" and "Armpits"... though I don't blame myself for that. I would've made the connection of the two words anyway without your prompting of any kind...It's the idea of the hair volumization of your under arm hair that makes me sick... who would want a puffy hairdo under their arms???Eurgh... I'm going to vomit...