xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

If I Disable My Hosting Account, Will Google Apps Go Too?

Thanks to Xisto, I was able to start my first website. It wasn't my dream domain and even though I could have bought my dream domain, I went in for another one - pcdynasty.com with a different purpose. I still have plans to develop the site and am presently working on the design, but in the meantime I am unneccesarily losing $2 per month towards hosting charges. I am thinking of temporarily removing the hosting package till the site is ready. I just have one doubt though, and that is whethr my gmail apps account will be disabled if I remove the hosting account. I'm using gmail apps regularly and if I am aware that it will be disabled then I will be able to perform some backup of sorts till it is restored again. can someone please answer this question?

I was going to leave this question to someone who might be a little more knowledgeable on how exactly google apps is set up when ordering through Xisto, but since nobody has replied, I'll leave what I know to be true. I believe google apps does not require an active hosting account to function, and deleting your account through Xisto shouldn't touch your google account. In fact, if I'm not much mistaken, once you've set up your google apps account it never goes away. However, you will need to keep your domain name or you will not be able to receive any new email to your google apps account. But again, I could be wrong. This question might be best for Xisto - Support, or possibly even google itself.