xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

How Much Time Do You Spend At Trap17?

In the beginning everything seems so exciting that you want to get on all the forums at once, post a ton and get heaps of myCENTS! ;) That's the feeling most new members of Xisto get when they join the forums. They read a lot, post a lot, and without realizing it, they end up spending lots of valuable time posting here, all for the sake of myCENTS. I was like that when I joined too, and I don't see a dearth of similar members here!

Now I've reduced the time I spend here considerably. From 2-3 hours per day I've come down to 10-30 minutes per day on weekdays and maybe an hour on holidays. That's still a lot of time and it's still disrupting my schedule. But somehow I can't seem to get enough of the addiction :P I've already collected enough CENTs to keep my domains alive for another year, but I don't know why I'm still posting like mad here.

So my question is, do any of you have similar stories to share? Do you too spend a lot of time posting over here? I'm sure there might be quite a handful!

i dont really find myself coming here because i want to honestlyi come when im outa credits, or when my website is offline.. like it is right now ;Pi dont know it might be different for me because im younger and more shortminded than half the people in herebut the topics are getting boringer by the minute, everytime i check the new topics, they are all spammy, huge neverending stories if im lucky, and the rest polls about software and topics im completely uninterested inXisto needs to get its spark back, did it loose it because the people who posted the most got abunch of mycents so they dont have to post in forever? or did people just leave trap for good??i dont know, all i know is that i want my fun tra17 back..on the positive side ive meet great people through trap, and gotten spammed because of trap(has anyone gotten emaiils from people in africa who want to give you their money because they are trapped or something? and tell you they saw you on trap?? i feel so used because of that i actually replied to her like 10 times untill she got out the spam crap ;()as for good people ive meet through Xisto, theres my sirmikedood, always there to help me.. or at least he was before, now hes all allalla for his girlfriend.. because yes our Xisto addict got a girlfriend now..eh idk

i dont really find myself coming here because i want to honestlyi come when im outa credits, or when my website is offline.. like it is right now ;P
i dont know it might be different for me because im younger and more shortminded than half the people in here
but the topics are getting boringer by the minute, everytime i check the new topics, they are all spammy, huge neverending stories if im lucky, and the rest polls about software and topics im completely uninterested in

Xisto needs to get its spark back, did it loose it because the people who posted the most got abunch of mycents so they dont have to post in forever? or did people just leave trap for good??

i dont know, all i know is that i want my fun tra17 back..

on the positive side ive meet great people through trap, and gotten spammed because of trap

(has anyone gotten emaiils from people in africa who want to give you their money because they are trapped or something? and tell you they saw you on trap?? i feel so used because of that i actually replied to her like 10 times untill she got out the spam crap ;()

as for good people ive meet through Xisto, theres my sirmikedood, always there to help me.. or at least he was before, now hes all allalla for his girlfriend.. because yes our Xisto addict got a girlfriend now..

eh idk

I know... but to tell you the truth, I come here to Xisto like, everyday and I spend more than two three hours on it... mostly at night when I HAVEN'T finished my homework, and also in the morning when I wake up early to post here on the forums... I don't even know why I bother... I haven't used any of my myCENTS yet, not any of the US dollars that I've been credited.

Basically, I haven't even started my website here and yet I still come everyday, twice a day, around two hours each time just to post here on Xisto forums... I really wonder why I bother when the topics sometimes, I must admit, are rather boring... I really don't know... anyway...

Yeah... I still need to find ways to earn money online.

In the beginning everything seems so exciting that you want to get on all the forums at once, post a ton and get heaps of myCENTS! ;) That's the feeling most new members of Xisto get when they join the forums. They read a lot, post a lot, and without realizing it, they end up spending lots of valuable time posting here, all for the sake of myCENTS. I was like that when I joined too, and I don't see a dearth of similar members here!

Now I've reduced the time I spend here considerably. From 2-3 hours per day I've come down to 10-30 minutes per day on weekdays and maybe an hour on holidays. That's still a lot of time and it's still disrupting my schedule. But somehow I can't seem to get enough of the addiction :P I've already collected enough CENTs to keep my domains alive for another year, but I don't know why I'm still posting like mad here.

So my question is, do any of you have similar stories to share? Do you too spend a lot of time posting over here? I'm sure there might be quite a handful!

Well, I have just joined Xisto and this is the first post I am writing. After reading your story, I think I will not be disappointed by this site, as you find this forum addictive, I might too. A friend of mine kept boasting about the services offered here and now I am here to find them for myself. As you said initially you used to spend more time at Xisto to earn more and more myCents. I think my strategy would be the same as you. I will be posting a lot in the near future to get a hosting account. And I have a lot of time to waist as I do nothing besides watching movies and playing PC games.

As you started giving less time to the site after you had enough myCents, I might do the same, but you can never say...I may continue posting because I might find it interesting or I may..quit even before getting a hosting account if I find it boring. Let's see what happens? Best of luck to me.

Really? Oh my god... welcome!!!
But just to tell you... if you want free hosting you will have to sign up at Xisto's Support and Billing Centre here...

It's a free service, but it's also very fast... remember to sign up with the same email that you have signed up here, and after you've done at least five posts, all you have to do is to wait until your order have been processed and you can get started and start earning myCENTS!!!

(You will know this because you will have a red "myCENTS" and a green "Earned" under your name like what we other members have... you can't see our "earned" though. Only you and the mods and admins can see your "earned"

Every 100 myCENTs is the same as one US dollar, so after 100 myCENTS, you will have one earned...

It sounds confusing but it's not... just sign up here and get started right now... ;)

Welcome to Xisto!!! And enjoy your free hosting and free domain!!! :P

I spend too much time here.I basically spend my free Internet time here when I'm bored, almost once a weekday but I'll have my moments where I don't visit for a month or so. I'm here for the myCents, yes, but I also like some of the topics that come up from time to time, not to mention some things that I can share with the community. When I'm extremely bored, I end up keeping Xisto available to refresh the View-New-Posts page to see if anyone actually responded to my posts or if anything new or cool came up.

Ranges a lot for me, today I've spent 2 hours today, sometimes it can be 3 hours or just 15 minutes. What struck me when i first signed up here a few months ago, was people were and are very open as part of this online community. In my own my mind i reason this as obviously something that has been fostered over time by Opaque, the mods, etc. (could be wrong). Sometimes its a relief to just to get an escape on Xisto (really is). Half the time i don't focus on obtaining my cents. If i see an opportunity for a joke I'll post and if it makes no one laugh it certainly makes me laugh, hopefully i don't push anyone's tolerance to the limit in that respect.

Hello everyone!I just joined Xisto about 10 days ago and from then I am spending a lot of my time posting here which I am enjoying. Truly speaking I usually spend two to four hours per day at here and the reason behind this is that I can't keep myself away from such a good community [..myCENTs is also an important reason behind this because I want my site get hosted as soon as possible and for this I need more myCENTs :P ] However from past three days I am not enjoying while posing and I don't know why. Maybe it is too much! So I have now decided to reduce the time which I spend at Xisto to one to two hours per day. I think this much time is good enough to keep in touch with you guys! ;)

i just joined Xisto today.and i work hard to add my posts.though i even can't see myCent.It has taken 3 hours.and i think it will take much of my time.

i like this topic because people like me come here per simleton's descriptive post. i came on here at first for the free webhosting when there were no mycents. you just had to post to keep your account active. sure, i post for mycents too now, but mainly, if there were no mycents, i would probably still continue to come and bug people around here. it's funny though. this is more a family outside my immediate family...and everyone has their own unique role. i am not here that often, but try to log in about 1/2 hour every day....sometimes less, sometimes more. more because i have a new project i am working on with someone else through pm's.i love trap 17. i would love it to be less impersonal one day and more personal....but i know it's a business and needs to remain professional....at least for google's sake.

Really? Oh my god... welcome!!!But just to tell you... if you want free hosting you will have to sign up at Xisto's Support and Billing Centre here...

It's a free service, but it's also very fast... remember to sign up with the same email that you have signed up here, and after you've done at least five posts, all you have to do is to wait until your order have been processed and you can get started and start earning myCENTS!!!

(You will know this because you will have a red "myCENTS" and a green "Earned" under your name like what we other members have... you can't see our "earned" though. Only you and the mods and admins can see your "earned"

Every 100 myCENTs is the same as one US dollar, so after 100 myCENTS, you will have one earned...

It sounds confusing but it's not... just sign up here and get started right now... ;)

Welcome to Xisto!!! And enjoy your free hosting and free domain!!! :P

Thank you for the warm welcome!
So you are saying I won't be awarded any myCents untill I register at Xisto's billing and support centre.
But I thought I needed at least $2 to register at Xisto.
But you are saying I should register now i.e. after my 5th post. Well this is my fourth and I will be registering after the next one.
You said .."enjoy free hosting and free domain!!
I know you meant a subdomain but is there any way I can get a domain for myself.I mean is there any provision for that in Xisto?

Well, to answer the original question, I don't spend much time here at all.Seems pretty lame, but I've just never been drawn to responding to other, real, people. That's aside from the fact thatby the time my kids get to bed, I'm so drained that all I really feel like doing is surfing the web...or streaming a movie. Like right now, my head is pounding so hard...I'm typing between the throbs....Anyways, my reasons for being here range from covering quality web hosting costs (e.g. MyCents) to breaking mynormally -antisocial- behavior...So far, I've only made a couple short, crappy posts, but not to worry! I fully intend on stepping it up.Basically, this is a starter for me to become more interactive with people. Sound crazy? Hope not. :lol:

Maybe it is just the fun of the idea to get something for free by doing something that is fun itself like posting on the forum.

i know you think posting one liners all over the place, complaining about this forum, and bringing up old topics that should have been closed a long time ago is fun to you, but it really IS considered spam.

my suggestion to you is that you give some thought to what you are posting about, make it at LEAST 3-5 lines long for each post, and have fun with THAT.