xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
willmark

Pin Numbers dont reveal your number to anyone

Believe it or not there is alot of people that put there pin numbers on paper,on wallets,in diarys or just leave the slip in there bags,wallets. This is easy for a thief to empty your money from a cash machine. On the keypad you put your pin number in it has letters for each of the numbers. Use it to spell a 4 digit number ie John then if you want to put your number down because you cant remember it it is alot easyer to remember a name rather than a number but this also helps stopping a thief as you can write it down as ie john 0800 705569589 or what ever number but a thief will think it is a phone number of a friend or so. I hope this helps and remember never give any numbers to any one

Rather than remember a number I remember a word which is spelt out using something I found in a book by Derren Brown (although he didn't invent it). There's a wikipedia article about the system here. Admittedly the word isn't anything to do with a bank, pin, or whatever, but it's just one that I remember rather than some random combination of numbers.

Writing it down is just stupid, especially if you write it down and put it in your wallet. What's the point of having one if they can just find it in a wallet. And you are one of the many people suffering from RAS syndrome. I suggest you contact your doctor.

PIN Number? Personal Identification Number Number? ;)

But yeah, it definitely isn't smart to write down your PIN, in case others find it. Thankfully, my PIN is easy to remember due to the same number being used twice, and it just happens to be the same double usage of a number I already use for a password I've used for ages.

Anyways, once you do get your PIN remembered, you probably won't forget it and won't have need to write it down anyways.

<br />Believe it or not there is alot of people that put there pin numbers on paper,on wallets,in diarys or just leave the slip in there bags,wallets. This is easy for a thief to empty your money from a cash machine. On the keypad you put your pin number in it has letters for each of the numbers. Use it to spell a 4 digit number ie John then if you want to put your number down because you cant remember it it is alot easyer to remember a name rather than a number but this also helps stopping a thief as you can write it down as ie john 0800 705569589 or what ever number but a thief will think it is a phone number of a friend or so. I hope this helps and remember never give any numbers to any one<br />

<br /><br /><br />Well willmark, first of all I am not among those people who put their pin numbers on paper or anything else which you have mentioned. What I do is really very simple.... at least to me!.... I store all my pin numbers or my passwords of email ids or anything confidential in my brain. So there is no risk of theft to me. But for those people who can't remember their passwords or pin I think the way you suggested is really helpful and very effective. I remember one of my friend who used to do the same thing. Anyway thank you for your suggestion! Hope to get some more suggestions in the future!