xisto Community
The Simpleton

What's The Story Behind Iguest?

No offense, but I just wanted to know if there's something special about the member called iGuest. The member is second on the list of the top 20 posters of the forums. But the account seems to be shared by a lot of members, because in each post, there is a line which says "Reply by <name>" with a different name each time! Also in the list of threads, the display says, "Last post by iG-xxxxxx" with the member's name in it. I was just curious about this "member" so I decided to ask the community about it. Could someone clear my doubt please?

No offense, but I just wanted to know if there's something special about the member called iGuest. The member is second on the list of the top 20 posters of the forums. But the account seems to be shared by a lot of members, because in each post, there is a line which says "Reply by <name>" with a different name each time! Also in the list of threads, the display says, "Last post by iG-xxxxxx" with the member's name in it. I was just curious about this "member" so I decided to ask the community about it. Could someone clear my doubt please?

I really don't know... but I believe that iGuest is the public that posts in this forum, because they are a "group" and they've got like, over five thousand posts... however, I had thought that only memebers, moderators and administrators could post on the Xisto forums apart from the Guest forum where everyone can post, so I really don't know how those people that are behind the group iGuest manage to come into our forums and start posting there.

We can see that they are actually different posting because there are some threads with iGuest's replying to their own posts, and no one would do that without getting warned if it wasn't in Xisto forums rules... so yeah...

No offense, but I just wanted to know if there's something special about the member called iGuest.

There is indeed something special about this 'member'. iGuest is an account used for guest postings, rather than letting people post anonymously through the usual guest accounts on forums. At the moment the only way people can post as iGuest is to view Xisto as a search results page (just search in Google or Yahoo and take a look at the results page). There is a form people can fill out to post a quick reply or question on a topic without having to register with the forums or navigate to the usual forums page, rather than the SEO-oriented search results page. This boosts activity from people who find us via search engines.

The Simpleton replies!What's The Story Behind Iguest?

There is indeed something special about this 'member'. IGuest is anAccount used for guest postings, rather than letting people postAnonymously through the usual guest accounts on forums. At the momentThe only way people can post as iGuest is to view Xisto as a searchResults page (just search in Google or Yahoo and take a look at theResults page). There is a form people can fill out to post a quickReply or question on a topic without having to register with the forumsOr navigate to the usual forums page, rather than the SEO-orientedSearch results page. This boosts activity from people who find us viaSearch engines.

thanks for clarifying this rvalkass. I see how this works now ;) No wonder there are over 5500 posts made by this 'member'!

-reply by The Simpleton

That explains everything! I tried getting into t17 through google and was surprised to see a completely different version of the site! ;) Now I understand how this guest has managed to get so many posts. I made one myself - it will be coming soon if approved :P Just another doubt though - some mod/admin might be controlling this member, right? Because the avatar must have been inserted by a human - it couldn't have just appeared automatically...

Just another doubt though - some mod/admin might be controlling this member, right? Because the avatar must have been inserted by a human - it couldn't have just appeared automatically...

I can't remember who designed the avatar (sorry!) but OpaQue or BuffaloHELP added it to iGuest's profile. I think both OpaQue and BuffaloHELP have access to everything related to iGuest if they need to change anything like the avatar.

That explains everything! I tried getting into t17 through google and was surprised to see a completely different version of the site! ;) Now I understand how this guest has managed to get so many posts. I made one myself - it will be coming soon if approved :P Just another doubt though - some mod/admin might be controlling this member, right? Because the avatar must have been inserted by a human - it couldn't have just appeared automatically...

Why would you like an iGuest account? I mean... you don't get any myCENTS out of it or anything, and the only thing I can think about for any reason of wanting an iGuest account is so that you can remain anonymous... following my line of thought, why would the remain anonymous? And the reason for that, of course (or maybe it's just me), is because you want to BOMB THE FORUMS!!!

ANd yeah... hahahehe... maybe not. But I still don't get why you would want an iGuest forum account when you have a proper member account in the first place. Anyhow, good luck with it, and if I see a regular iGuest coming in to post and such, and maybe if it's also the same person (I don't know if we can identify them), then I'll know that it's The Simpleton (you). :P