xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fermin25

Mycents Are Negative, Why? Somebody help me

Hi my dear friends. Recently I made a post copied and pasted from another website and I forgot to put it in quotes. So a moderator edited my post and everything was ok.I posted some answers in the morning and now my MyCents are negative, WHY? Can someone explain me?Am I banned from Xisto.com?Help. Please. ;):P:P

I am no moderator, but it sounds like you have been warned. You can check if you are warned by just going to your profile, or looking under your name in this post. It will say warn : 0%, 10%, et cetera. If you have been warned it means you don't get mycents ( I think )

The warning will be removed by a moderator when the time is appropriate.

I think that is correct, if any moderator wants to explain fully, if I am wrong, why the mycents are negative please do ;)

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

You may have got a warning for copying content but that won't stop you from getting myCENTs. Just wait for the counter to be updated - it will crawl from the negative side towards zero and then everything will go as usual. Just be patient that's all is needed ;) and just be careful next time while taking content from other sources. As for the warning, it will get removed soon based upon your posting behaviour now on...

You will have lost the myCENTs earned from the copied content when it was placed in Quote tags. They will have been deducted from your myCENTs total, which may well have put you into the negative if some myCENTs had already been transferred to your billing account before the quote tags were added.Having a warning does not stop you earning myCENTs, but it does stop them being transferred to your billing account. Your myCENTs will continue to accumulate, but won't get transferred until your warning is removed.

Yeah... and don't you get negative myCENTS if anyone, including you or the moderators and administrators running the site edit your posts... I've edited my posts once because I had a typo in my post, and I got negative myCENTS because of that. So don't edit your posts as much as possible!!! And remember to not copy stuff and things from sites if you want positive myCENTS... (though I sometimes wonder what it will be like if you gained lots and lots and lots of negative myCENTS and then somehow hacked into the system and removed the negative sign... you'll become a Xisto millionaire!!!)

Ha ha that's an ambitious plan Nameless_ but do you think it's easy to implement? :P

Having a warning does not stop you earning myCENTs, but it does stop them being transferred to your billing account. Your myCENTs will continue to accumulate, but won't get transferred until your warning is removed.

wow i didn't know that - I was lucky because by the time I recovered from the negative zone, my warning was removed ;) I guess that's a good thing to do anyway - it'll keep members from copying content from other sources.
Edited by The Simpleton (see edit history)

Ha ha that's an ambitious plan Nameless_ but do you think it's easy to implement? :P

wow i didn't know that - I was lucky because by the time I recovered from the negative zone, my warning was removed ;) I guess that's a good thing to do anyway - it'll keep members from copying content from other sources.

What's an ambitious plan? Huh???

*I'm confused*

(Not what "ambitious" means, but what is the ambitious plan that you were talking about?)

By the way, your quote went wrong... and now the billion million trillion dollar question is:

The edit, or not to edit, that is the question...

:P I really don't see how an extra 0.01 myCENTs will corrupt the system though, so if the moderators and administrators are nice, they won't change it. :P

No point in doing so anyway, that's my point of view.