xisto Community
Tramposch

Anokijig Website Template

hmm. I like it, if I had a kid i would send them off to that camp. lol and a definite improvement to the one that's up right now.

To the current website: OUCH! All the text overlaps in one big ball in Firefox, so anything will be a vast improvement!To your new design: Looking good. I assume text would be placed on the menu at the top though? ;) My only criticism would be the way the image on the left forces the text across. It breaks the flow and makes the text look slightly hap-hazard. Placing the image on the right hand side would make the text more readable and look less out of place.

This layout looks better and is less cluttered, but i would recommend not going with a similar content (body) structure. And you have a one-column design for the content area; i feel at least a two-column structure would be better for the content area given the kind of information that can be placed therein; perhaps even do more sub-sections if required. Also, you don't seem to be putting much of your graphics design self into the use of the content area. That is, you have images at your disposal but instead of using them within other areas, you are doing similar to the previous site: sticking them in the content (in the same locations). Why not merge them to formulate a better banner? Or why not place the images that are on the sides of the schedule on one side and have them take up equal height of the schedule and make it look like its attached to the schedule? Be more creative.I'ma assume that the colors you are free to pick and choose whatever you want for the website—hence the new blue color. But i would recommend something that matches the colors of the Camp's logo—if not the exact same colors found on the logo. Also, even if it's just to place in a portfolio, after spicing up their site, why not suggest a new logo design? Take advantage of opportunities.

OK, I must say that my criticism won't be as good as rvalkass's or truefusion's, as I'm not very good at all this, but I think that you will find out what an average "no knowledge in website design and templates" person like me that will typically find your site think.... Well, it doesn't look professional, so that turns me off. But on the other hand, because it doesn't look proffessional, it gives a family, school kind of feel and I like that. The colour blue isn't all that nice, I think. I mean, it's a nice blue, it just doesn't fit in with the camp kind of theme. Maybe try something greener? More camp colour suited? I think that the audience will be able to relate more of it if this was the case....So basically, two points:> Make it look more proffessional (I have absolutely no idea how to do that, but good luck!!!!)> Change the colour scheme (especially the near sky blue colour that is slightly darker)

To the current website: OUCH! All the text overlaps in one big ball in Firefox, so anything will be a vast improvement!

To your new design: Looking good. I assume text would be placed on the menu at the top though? ;) My only criticism would be the way the image on the left forces the text across. It breaks the flow and makes the text look slightly hap-hazard. Placing the image on the right hand side would make the text more readable and look less out of place.

Yes it hurts to look at in firefox! Yes text will be on the menu on the top (the navigation). The text format, and all the image placement and those type of things will be up to my partner who will be coding this, I just put content in with photoshop to fill it up, and for a better preview to the owner of the website. Thanks for the critique.

This layout looks better and is less cluttered, but i would recommend not going with a similar content (body) structure. And you have a one-column design for the content area; i feel at least a two-column structure would be better for the content area given the kind of information that can be placed therein; perhaps even do more sub-sections if required. Also, you don't seem to be putting much of your graphics design self into the use of the content area. That is, you have images at your disposal but instead of using them within other areas, you are doing similar to the previous site: sticking them in the content (in the same locations). Why not merge them to formulate a better banner? Or why not place the images that are on the sides of the schedule on one side and have them take up equal height of the schedule and make it look like its attached to the schedule? Be more creative.

I'ma assume that the colors you are free to pick and choose whatever you want for the website—hence the new blue color. But i would recommend something that matches the colors of the Camp's logo—if not the exact same colors found on the logo. Also, even if it's just to place in a portfolio, after spicing up their site, why not suggest a new logo design? Take advantage of opportunities.

I think a two column would be too squeshed. It seems like in the original website like it has two, with the news on the left then actually content on the right, and I thought it would seem squeshed without making a wider layout so I just kept one column. I'll pass this tip on to my partner who will make the final descision. I am just putting text and images there Like it was before to provide a general suggestion of what is to come, it, again, is up to my partner. Now the banner, I was thinking the banner was looking pretty good, I really did not want to clutter it too much.

I just picked any colours, I tried to stay away from the colours in the camp logo because they seemed kind of dark and dull. It started off a darker blue, then I made it lighter because it looked boring, and dull.

I really got no suggestions from the owner, he just told me to do it, and then he would look at what i did, and then make me change things.

OK, I must say that my criticism won't be as good as rvalkass's or truefusion's, as I'm not very good at all this, but I think that you will find out what an average "no knowledge in website design and templates" person like me that will typically find your site think.... Well, it doesn't look professional, so that turns me off. But on the other hand, because it doesn't look proffessional, it gives a family, school kind of feel and I like that. The colour blue isn't all that nice, I think. I mean, it's a nice blue, it just doesn't fit in with the camp kind of theme. Maybe try something greener? More camp colour suited? I think that the audience will be able to relate more of it if this was the case....

So basically, two points:

> Make it look more proffessional (I have absolutely no idea how to do that, but good luck!!!!)

> Change the colour scheme (especially the near sky blue colour that is slightly darker)

I don't think a camp site is supposed to be PROFFESSIONAL, but just look good and fun.

I chose those colours because they seemed kind of neutral, and weren't to dull, but not too out there.

Thanks for the critique guys.

Yes it hurts to look at in firefox! Yes text will be on the menu on the top (the navigation). The text format, and all the image placement and those type of things will be up to my partner who will be coding this, I just put content in with photoshop to fill it up, and for a better preview to the owner of the website. Thanks for the critique.

I think a two column would be too squeshed. It seems like in the original website like it has two, with the news on the left then actually content on the right, and I thought it would seem squeshed without making a wider layout so I just kept one column. I'll pass this tip on to my partner who will make the final descision. I am just putting text and images there Like it was before to provide a general suggestion of what is to come, it, again, is up to my partner. Now the banner, I was thinking the banner was looking pretty good, I really did not want to clutter it too much.

I just picked any colours, I tried to stay away from the colours in the camp logo because they seemed kind of dark and dull. It started off a darker blue, then I made it lighter because it looked boring, and dull.

I really got no suggestions from the owner, he just told me to do it, and then he would look at what i did, and then make me change things.

Oh... ...

I don't think a camp site is supposed to be PROFFESSIONAL, but just look good and fun.

I chose those colours because they seemed kind of neutral, and weren't to dull, but not too out there.

Thanks for the critique guys.

Oh... oops. Yeah, I suppose. It does look fun though. ;)

But I still think you should change the colour.

Blue looks a bit...

Well, I don't really know. Just not right. Maybe green and brown colours. THat's what I'm looking for.

Looks fine there.Fairly simple, but text flows nicely (apart from next to images). Hard to say how it could be improved really. You could make it more useful by adding in anouther column for information next to the main content. You might be able to improve it a bit by changing the way its surrounded by grey.If it were Me, I would loose the grey at the sides (maybe have a thin border of it - would work nicely with the grey bad under navigation) and add an information bar at one side.Definately better that the one live at the moment - in firefox its barely readable, and an eyesore even if you disregard the text being everywhere!Im not sure how that site would look in browsers other than the one you captured that image from 0 be sure to test properly ;)

Looks fine there.

Fairly simple, but text flows nicely (apart from next to images). Hard to say how it could be improved really. You could make it more useful by adding in anouther column for information next to the main content. You might be able to improve it a bit by changing the way its surrounded by grey.

If it were Me, I would loose the grey at the sides (maybe have a thin border of it - would work nicely with the grey bad under navigation) and add an information bar at one side.

Definately better that the one live at the moment - in firefox its barely readable, and an eyesore even if you disregard the text being everywhere!

Im not sure how that site would look in browsers other than the one you captured that image from 0 be sure to test properly ;)

Thank you. When you say that I may be able to improve it by changing the way its surrounded by gray, what do you mean?

When you mean the gray at the sides, do you mean the kind of drop shadow gray that is very faint?

And I will test it properly and make sure it works in all browsers. The current site looks much better in internet explorer though.

Thanks again!