xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Simpleton

Does Logic Package Support Java Servelets And Tomcat?

I really have no idea what those things are, but I'm giving a site to a friend and he said he needs support for Java servelets and TOMCAT in his website. oh and he also mentioned the oracle database. I know MySQL is supported but what about oracle? if these three things are supported in the Logic plan ($1.95) then I can give the site to my friend otherwise he wants to try somewhere else ;)

No. Logic Basic plan of 1.95$/month doesn't offer JSP support that means it is not supporting servlets/tomcat either. For this i think you need to upgrade to logic pro package. or ask for custom add-on to your package,i guess then it will be charged separately.

To verify if your logic plan supports JSP(servlets/tomcat), you can see the Xisto - Support billing section. Here when you click "My services" at the top of navigation. it will take you to these product details. You'll see something like this" Client Area > My Products & Services > Product Details". This will give details of your domain like no of databases allowed. scroll for more fields.

There is one field that says "JSP - Java Server Pages - Support: No". This will clarify your query.

As mahesh told, the default logic plan ($1.95/month) doesn't have java. But the logic plan is very flexible and customizable. Add JSP support at $1.99/month when you order for the logic plan. ;)

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

thanks for the info - i passed it onto my friend and unfortunately he wants only Oracle support and Xisto doesn't give that ;) I don't know much about databases so I've decided to let him make the final decision.

thanks for the info - i passed it onto my friend and unfortunately he wants only Oracle support and Xisto doesn't give that :P I don't know much about databases so I've decided to let him make the final decision.

Oracle support for website? why? Usually most of the web hosting companies use MySql as their back end.. because oracle is proprietary and costs very much. Even though if you find one you the prices will be very high. MySql is open source and very powerful, thats why almost all hosting companies are using it.
MySql connectivity for Java (JSP, servlets )is very easy... tell your friend to try it once... anyway all the best... ;)