xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
livepcportal

How To Turn Off Low Disk Space Message In Vista

As soon as hard disk goes out of space our system start giving low disk space message. I don't think this help us in any way we all know how much space is left in our hard disk. So, by doing a simple registry tweak you can disable this annoying warning with ease. I have already disabled this. Follow the steps to disable it in your system having Vista installed:

1. Click “Start|Run" and type “regedit” in the run dialog box and then press the “Enter” key.

2. Look for the “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion” registry key. Keep looking you will soon find it.

3. Now select “Policies” key under “CurrentVersion”.

Note: From afterwards follow all the steps very carefully, I would recommend you to take backup of your windows registry before proceeding.?

4. From the Registry Editor menu, click “Edit|New|Key”. A key will be created with the by default name "New Key #1".

5. Now you will have change its name to “Explorer” and press “Enter”.

6. Select the "Explorer" key and click Edit|New|DWORD(32-bit) Value. The DWORD created beneath Explorer, will be named New Value #1 by default.

7. Now change the DWORD to “NoLowDiskSpaceChecks” as it is without any mistake, otherwise it will not work.

8. Right-click on the new “NoLowDiskSpaceChecks” DWORD and select the “Modify” option.

9. In the “Value data”, type “1”. This "1" will set the value of the key to true.

10. Click OK and close the Registry Editor.

Everything is done. You will not get that warning again. If you are facing any problem then ask me. ;)

thanks i will try this if ever my hard disk turn to low space but i don't think it will because when i have a program that i don't need i will just uninstall it i am not keeping a program that is useless :lol: