xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
livepcportal

Are You Doing Anything To Save Earth! Save your home, your Earth

Now time has come when everyone must do anything which he can do to save our planet Earth. The pollution which we have created and still creating is causing several diseases like lung cancer, etc. Oh god I can't remember all these diseases! ;)

The rise in pollution is also increasing the level of green house gases which further causes global warming. As a result of all this, Earth's temperature is increasing at an alarming rate. Since the late 1800's, the global average temperature has increased about 0.7 to 1.4 degrees F (0.4 to 0.8 degrees C). Many experts estimate that the average temperature will rise an additional 2.5 to 10.4 degrees F (1.4 to 5.8 degrees C) by 2100. Can you still survive at this temperature? Well, I can't!

The effect of this rise in temperature could be seen at one of the largest glaciers in Antarctica which is thinning four times faster than it was 10 years ago, according to research by the BBC. Take a look at the picture, the highlighted area shows a dense concentration of crevasses along one edge of the glacier which means that parts of the glacier are moving more rapidly.

post-86771-1251123028_thumb.gif

You will be amazed to see the list of cities which are in danger of flooding due to melting of these glaciers. According to studies by the United Nations and others the list of the cities which are in danger include Dhaka, Bangladesh; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Shanghai and Tianjin in China; Alexandria and Cairo in Egypt; Mumbai and Kolkata in India; Jakarta, Indonesia; Tokyo and Osaka-Kobe in Japan; Lagos, Nigeria; Karachi, Pakistan; Bangkok, Thailand, and New York and Los Angeles in the United States.?

Thank God! I do not live any of these cities! :P

But guys, still I am taking precautions to save our Earth. I am doing everything which I can possibly do.

So, my question to all of you is that, "Are you doing anything to save Earth?" If no, then please do, after all its your duty.