xisto Community
Ne0n

My First Template Design

Hello all,

Well this is my second attempt at a template design. Its not coded ;). Simply just made in FireWorks (PSD format)

Made using layers, Took me about a 50 minutes to make, I know I know im only a n00b at this!

First design:

Posted Image

The template below is also in (PSD template) and was my first attempt!

Second design:

Posted Image

Well what do you think, Please feel free to leave any comments and suggestions.

Notice from truefusion:
Topic was requested to be closed.

The first one, clearly you downloaded and edited.Your only ENGLISH. You obviously didn't write the text in the first template. Nice rip from someone else and trying to obtain as your own.

Yeah, but he obviously ripped it from another site and posted it. He doesn't know Latin, only English and a little French. Lawl.

Your only ENGLISH. You obviously didn't write the text in the first template. Nice rip from someone else and trying to obtain as your own.

The text, known as Lorem ipsum, or just Lipsum, is text used the world over by graphic, print and web designers to fill spaces where text will eventually go. It is Latin, taken from a text written in 45 BCE. It is used because most people won't understand it, and will therefore instead focus on the graphical elements of the design (such as colour, layout and typography) rather than focussing on the meaning of the text. You can find more about Lipsum here: http://www.lipsum.com/

Yeah, but he obviously ripped it from another site and posted it. He doesn't know Latin, only English and a little French. Lawl.

Please show me any evidence you have that can PROVE I ripped it.

The first one seems like a wordpress theme, better convert it to a wordpress theme. It sounds cool.But it is a little old fashioned to me. But I like the way you arranged everything. It is a proffesional work.

The first one, clearly you downloaded and edited.

Your only ENGLISH. You obviously didn't write the text in the first template. Nice rip from someone else and trying to obtain as your own.

That is just straight up rude! First of all you have NO proof if he has ripped ANYTHING, and unless you can provide proof, don't accuse!

Of course he did not write the template. What you are saying here is that if something has Latin Dummy text, it means they didn't make it! I use Lipsum (Lorem Ipsum) on all my templates!

You do not need to know latin! Go look at the templates I have posted, they have latin, and I don't know latin, did I rip them? Nope, i can provide PSDs.

Lorem Ipsum is very very common.

http://www.lipsum.com/

Check that out, that generates Latin Dummy text.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

And there is more information on their website which I stated above.

Really, it is rude to make wild accusations.

Now back to the actual designs. The first one, the text on the navigation needs to be a different colour, it is very hard to see.

The second one is just kind of disorganized, and does not make much sense.

Overall good job for your first couple layouts.